My 96 t4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
    What cracking space for fettling on the van. Didn't realise there were non-louvred offside wings. Shame - it was unique. Love the rims & look.
    They changed about 95 Rob, mind I didn't know they did them in bolt on type.

Comment

• I think it was originally a weld on mate but altered to bolt on
      Originally posted by S49 View Post

They changed about 95 Rob, mind I didn't know they did them in bolt on type.
      Sent from my JSN-L21 using Just T4s

Comment

• Well pretty happy with it took a lot longer than expected going to get some mesh to put behind it

Comment

• Hopefully look alright once wet sanded I also had a look at the airbox intake which seemed to just stop right behind the indicator which I thought was odd so modified it slightly to make use of my new slats then hopefully turn the fuel up a little every little helps with the poor old 1.9d haha

Comment

• You made a tidy job of cutting those, braille paint needs a wet sand though.

What if the speed of air moving past those slats creates a pressure drop across those slats and you get a venturi effect lessening the air flow? There's better ways to add air to that engine and they involve compressor housings

Comment

• Haha cheers and no idea sorry just went straight over my head that I was just thinking simply more air more fuel more power
              I looked at a friend's 98 and the air box seems a similar design directing air from the vent so just assumed it would work not sure now tho haha
              Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
              You made a tidy job of cutting those, braille paint needs a wet sand though.

What if the speed of air moving past those slats creates a pressure drop across those slats and you get a venturi effect lessening the air flow? There's better ways to add air to that engine and they involve compressor housings

Comment

• Reread ur post see what u mean now how about if some sort of scoop/vent cover was made to kind of force air in

Comment

• That looks a really tidy job

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Just T4s

Comment

• Cheers mate

Comment

• Originally posted by damont4 View Post
                      Reread ur post see what u mean now how about if some sort of scoop/vent cover was made to kind of force air in

Or maybe fit a turbo?

A sccop/ram is a good idea.

Comment

• Funny u say that I was up the t4 breakers the other day discussing turbos for mine
                        Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post

Or maybe fit a turbo?

A sccop/ram is a good idea.

Comment

• Bit of 90s boy racer mesh

Comment

• Not normally a fan of that mesh (well, too much of it anyway). But that looks really smart.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Just T4s

Comment

• Cheers mate I was unsure as I was doing it but quite like it now

Comment

• That is a lovely bit of detailing. I remember thinking i wasnt a fan of seing straight through those grill bits but thats a clever way of filtering out crap from going into the air intake and it looking sharp but still being effective. Great idea & Nicely Done! ✅

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Working...
                                X