No announcement yet.

More Glass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha, don't know, insurance sorted it out, thank God i got no claim protection

Comment

Camera & sensors to avoid that sort of shenanigans.

Although without the tech the only thing I've ever reversed into was my new garage door.......

Sent from my SM-A415F using Just T4s

Comment

Are they genuine VW Caravelle sliders or aftermarket?
        I have an angle on a genuine set, but unsure which way to bounce.

Comment

Tinc the other blue one is aftermarket with only a s all opening. My standard velle ones open right up. Try get a pic of it open later today

Comment

Tinc. Velle full sliders are better and easy to fit they bolt in
            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Cheers Huskyman.
              They look just what I'm after.

I guess that's the trouble with a well insulated van & minimal ventilation.
              I likebthe heat, but Spain was quite uncomfortable. Don't think the girls slept much & was sure I was actually melting.
              We ended up with the front windows the sliding door , the roof vents & the tailgate open.
              That's OK stationery but we just couldn't generate any airflow when we were moving.
              I eventually bent a tent peg to keep the tailgate locked about 100mm open, not ideal, but that really helped & the load was secure.

Comment

I can't sleep in a van when it's really hot, and I've tried many times.

My preference is for a hammock, and to sleep outside beneath the Milky Way, watching the shooting stars. Choose your pitch carefully to avoid the early morning glare from a rising sun though, and plan for early morning condensation maybe?

The gentle sway from small trees can be quite soothing.

Netting style hammocks are cheap and fold up neatly too.

My second choice would be a tent.

Comment

I'll often sleep on the Matt outside the van under the stars. Am off to the coast next Monday for three nights, are Rich is up from the smoke and we're taking my grandson Jake as well. Going to rig him up a bed across the front seats. I'll sleep directly under the big dipper.

Comment

Tinc. They do sell the tailgate stays and sliding door stays on ebay under a Ā£10 each. I will have a look to c if I can find them

Comment

Originally posted by Tinc View Post
                      Cheers Huskyman.
                      They look just what I'm after.

I guess that's the trouble with a well insulated van & minimal ventilation.
                      I likebthe heat, but Spain was quite uncomfortable. Don't think the girls slept much & was sure I was actually melting.
                      We ended up with the front windows the sliding door , the roof vents & the tailgate open.
                      That's OK stationery but we just couldn't generate any airflow when we were moving.
                      I eventually bent a tent peg to keep the tailgate locked about 100mm open, not ideal, but that really helped & the load was secure.

Spain is a fucker in the heat. Forget sleeping in a van in August, it is positively dangerous. I try not to even drive mine at this time of year. No more camping until September at least.

Where did you go in Spain?
                      Me cago en la madre que te pariĆ³!

Comment

Originally posted by Jim24 View Post
                        I can't sleep in a van when it's really hot, and I've tried many times.

My preference is for a hammock, and to sleep outside beneath the Milky Way, watching the shooting stars. Choose your pitch carefully to avoid the early morning glare from a rising sun though, and plan for early morning condensation maybe?

The gentle sway from small trees can be quite soothing.

Netting style hammocks are cheap and fold up neatly too.

My second choice would be a tent.
                        I often sleep in my hammock on my terrace at this time of year, as you say, that gentle sway is all you need (and a mosi net maybe)
                        Me cago en la madre que te pariĆ³!

Comment

We went to Valencia, we'll, our actual destination was a little town called Oliva just West of Valencia - visiting friends.
                          16 days, 2050 miles & masses of brilliant memories.
                          Went over to Calais, through to Normandy, followed the Atlantic coast until we crossed the Pyrenees & then turned south. Came back from Bilbao as we didn't have enough time to make it back through France.

I'm perfectly happy to sleep alfresco, don't think the girls would go for it, though.

Good shout on the stay Huskyman, cheers. Mine does the job though. Actually, need to pack that.
                          We're off to Kenilworth in a mo, on route to a week long road trip through Wales.

Comment

The last call on this Welsh adventure is Ebbw Vale to collect said Caravelle glass.

Comment

If you're bored enough Arfur we documented the Spanish Trip in a thread called "Adventures in Gracie".
                              Not sure the piccies will still work though, it was 2019 iirc.

Comment

Keep us updated on your Wales trip Tinc mate.

Comment

Working...
                                X