Timmy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 7or8 View Post
    Wouldn't have thought it'd make a difference to it starting but might be worth a mention... had a few of the vacuum pipes left open:

1) one going into the air inlet pipe next to the oil breather
    2) one on the elbow going into the inlet manifold underneath the intercooler
    3) one on the intercooler itself

Not actually sure what to do with those ones yet. Been advised to blank 1 and will run the boost gauge from 2.... should I blank 3 as well.

The exhaust also wasn't connected as I'm waiting for a mate to make me some wedges for the #@&%ing bastard clamps.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    I would make sure everything is connected first,I'll take a photo of how mine is setup up tomorrow night with regards to the blanks,I ended up using rope to get the clamps back on,they were a bitch!

Comment

• I used exhaust clamps on mine and just about have all fingers left!

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

• These are the way forward apparently. That pic is out of the haynes manual and I've been reliably informed they are the nuts - and the best way to keep all your fingers!

Comment

• Originally posted by Big al View Post
          I would make sure everything is connected first,I'll take a photo of how mine is setup up tomorrow night with regards to the blanks,I ended up using rope to get the clamps back on,they were a bitch!
          Nice one... would be useful. Just got carried away as it's 99% done!

Comment

• I found some old photos on my phone, not sure if there of any help, there from before I had my L200 intercooler, in photo 2 you can just about see the blank I fitted by the oil breather pipe

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20190518-WA0002.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	267247

Name:	IMG-20190518-WA0003.jpg
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	267248

Name:	IMG-20190518-WA0001.jpg
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	267249
            Last edited by Big al; 19 May 2019, 12:57 AM.

Comment

• Makes sense. I got the same boost controller as you too.

Comment

• Originally posted by 7or8 View Post
                Makes sense. I got the same boost controller as you too.

Make sure you tighten it up well, I'm guessing I didn't, altered it after fitting the intercooler the other week and a few days later the boost suddenly went up to about 2bar(was set at 1bar) so I had a look at the controller and the bloody screw was gone! So I currently have no boost controller and back to standard 0.4bar, new controller on the way though

Comment

Working...
                X