No announcement yet.

Project - Deutschland22.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So this may be cart before the horse.... my neighbours think I'm barmy anyway but I've been dying to clean the paint since I laid eyes on the van.

Knowing the scratched, oxidised poor paintwork would be a complete transformation and who doesn't love buffing red paintwork.

I will leave the photos till there is more done but a quick teaser, Still plenty of swirls and scratches but this was just a very light quick clay bar and a pass with some cutting compound. Couldn't help myself

Pictures don't really do it justice, its too bright to see how bad it was to begin with.

Body Side pre polish.jpeg
    seven.jpegfourteen.jpegnine.jpeg
    twelve.jpegfiveteen.jpegeight.jpegnineteen.jpegtwentyone.jpeg
    twentyfive.jpeg
    twentyfour.jpegtwentysix.jpeg
    twentyseven.jpeg

Still plenty of scratches so it will improve more but for now the shine is smile worthy.

Cannot wait to attack the top, its just been too hot recently. Hopefully over the weekend I'll get chance to wash it off properly and get the ladders out for the roof.

four.jpeg

Comment

What steering wheel adapter did you fit ? There's 2 types long and short.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by marcushamblin197 View Post

I'm still with the stock wheel at the moment, I haven't made my mind up yet what I am going to do. I have a few different momo wheels with snap off bosses I may use and just do away with the airbag. Although I would like to do OEM, love the look of the Lupo 3L wheel but they are mega money.

Although that's the least of my problems! at the moment I am still trying to collect parts and find a body shop that will take it on.

Comment

If you want part numbers for stock adapters let me know i got both somewhat still in original packing

Comment

Post the part numbers up?
            It needs to be a sticky.

Comment

What's a sticky? I'll have a rummage I definitely have both.

Comment

Hello 89rally. Thanks for the write up and for sharing. We love a good van build, especially given the extra work you have with the damage.

good luck matey.

Comment

Short, theres a bit of work and thought to get a golf 4 wheel to fit and look factory.

Comment

What's a sticky? I'll have a rummage I definitely have both.

It’s a post that stays at the top of a forum page .

Comment

He has a few posts does old Sticky, shame he dont do a build thread as i'd love to see his van.
                      Last edited by S49; 21 June 2021, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Here's the adapter part numbers, the part number starting 191 is the longer the 377 the shorter, I suppose you could use the 191 and cut it down if needed.

Comment

About £15 each from VW , for some reason the 377 one took about 3 months to arrive.

Comment

Hi. Good luck with the repair. But I think you are using the wrong steering fluid if it is red.. You need to use chf. As you have the green cap on the resiovior. Or blow the seals in. the rack

Comment

Loving the progress on this build. I’d definitely be going oem+ with it as far to many of these are standard driven by non waving biddys.
                              Keep up the good work & glad you have the t4 bug!

Comment

Originally posted by 89Rallye View Post

I'm still with the stock wheel at the moment, I haven't made my mind up yet what I am going to do. I have a few different momo wheels with snap off bosses I may use and just do away with the airbag. Although I would like to do OEM, love the look of the Lupo 3L wheel but they are mega money.

Although that's the least of my problems! at the moment I am still trying to collect parts and find a body shop that will take it on.
                                The Lupo 3L wheel is destined for my camper, they look fantastic and the colour scheme matches the interior of the van perfectly with how we’ve done it.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                                #vanlife

Comment

Working...
                                X