Comment

• Originally posted by rjhoy02 View Post
      Carpet looks really tidy. Nice job

Sent from my SM-A202F using Just T4s
      Cheers! Beats the ol' rubber mat.

Comment

• Originally posted by No Sliders View Post

Cheers! Beats the ol' rubber mat.
        You put it down on top of the rubber mat though??

And then rubber mats on top??
        Last edited by regcheeseman; 3 March 2021, 08:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post

You put it down on top of the rubber mat though??
          No - completely removed (Page 10)

Comment

No - completely removed (Page 10)
            At least you put some sound deadening in....

Comment

At least you put some sound deadening in....
              …and thermal insulation

Comment

• The horn in our camper is dogshit so I’ll thinking about sorting this soon. The PIAA ones look pretty damn good and something like that would be most likely what we’ll go for. Nice and OEM sounding but better. Thanks for the link to the vid.

For the work van I tried a few different types of air horn until I found and settled on these: they’re obnoxious and ****ishly loud. Matches the driver. Scares the shit out of fuckpigs that try and push into lanes in front of me in traffic. Works 95% of the time, I love them more than life itself for that.

One day I will go for full blow train horns like the yanks on their smoke billowing pickups. I want glass shatteringly loud.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                #vanlife

Comment

• Originally posted by TommyP View Post
                  The horn in our camper is dogshit so I’ll thinking about sorting this soon. The PIAA ones look pretty damn good and something like that would be most likely what we’ll go for. Nice and OEM sounding but better. Thanks for the link to the vid.
                  No probs, they've got a bit of a land yacht sound to them which I love, and not too much faff to fit up.

Yeah, I checked some airhorns out through the process and came across those train horns too. When Si sells me his crewcab I'll fit some up - I guess they're a compromise to not being able to mount and use a chain gun, especially driving around the fens.

Comment

When Si sells me his crewcab I'll fit some up
                    Oiii! Back of the queue newbie.

Comment

• Its my forever car, what do you expect me to do?............................................... .................................walk.

Comment

• That’s a really top job on the carpet. Looks great.

Comment

• Originally posted by windydubber View Post
                          That’s a really top job on the carpet. Looks great.

Cheers Windy, appreciated

Comment

• Couple questions?

What was the application technique for the HTA ? Already asked this, apologies if I missed the response?

Also what paint? did you use for the door cards and is it holding up?

Comment

• Fired through a few non T4 related jobs this past weekend.
                              Jen and I caught up with a bunch of good friends over some drink on a Zoom call Saturday night/Sunday morning. My head was a tad fragile on the Sunday so I sacked getting my teeth into anything major.

Did manage one minor job however.
                              I'm a huge fan of Kustom Kulture, so a good few years back Jen, my daughter and I went along to a hot rod and custom car show combined with a tattoo convention. Whilst at the show, I bought a dashboard head-bobber - it was a 'must have' and would eventually be right at home in Fudge. Always thinking T4, always thinking T4.

Meet Trevor…

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4429.JPG
Views:	173
Size:	243.8 KB
ID:	321382

Whilst the dash was stripped out a little while back, at the same time as fitting up my tweeters, I glued a powerful magnet to the underside with a view to locating Trev.
                              Trevor originally came with a sticky adhesive pad attached to his base, but this weekend it was removed and another powerful magnet glued in its place instead. I also glued a surround of foam padding the same height as the magnet and then finished with a layer of pleather to cover both.

Trevor now sits happily on my dash, solid as a rock, but, I can remove him if need be, whether to clean, re-home or whatever without any sticky tack or chance of damaging the black paint…

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4582.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	313.7 KB
ID:	321383

…Take it away Trev…

Comment

Couple questions?

What was the application technique for the HTA ?
                                Sorry Reg, thought I'd covered this? So the HTA was brushed on both surfaces (trim and pleather), and given a quick blast with the hot air gun to help it get a good tack. Depending on how much surface you cover depends on how tacky you want it. Larger surfaces you'll probably not need to bother with the hot air gun as you'll need more time to manipulate it in to place. It's all a bit trial and (hopefully not), error. I guess it depends on the temperature of the space you're working in too. I was out in the shed in what was probably minus temperatures at the time - so longer with the hot air gun.

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                                Also what paint? did you use for the door cards and is it holding up?
                                In all honesty I couldn't tell you what brand/mix the paint is as this was all sprayed when it was at Fraser's?
                                When I originally sprayed the dash and door cards in Oscar, after spending ages with the prep, I used Plastikote primer and Plasitikote satin black and it all seemed pretty bullet proof.
                                The satin black finish sprayed at Fraser's is much nicer and more consistent and less shiny which I like. The Plasitikote finish wasn't as consistent out of the can in spite of heating with the hot air gun and shaking well.
                                Fraser's job seems to be holding up ok, although I did have to touch up a few spots where they were a bit ham fisted fitting it up the first time.

I've seen a lot of folk using 'Forever Black' dye kit recently as I'm sure you have. Those that have used it seem to rate it, but I've no experience of the stuff? It could be an even better solution?

Comment

Working...
                                X