No announcement yet.

Rosy the Red wReck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice 1 Tommy. I always wanted a Rev counter in mine but my limited intelligence levels always got the better of me and I could never understand how any of it worked. Basically I’m a bit thick...init!

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
      Yes i have an 03 2.5 clock and loom and found in the ABL it dont work. Is it right the rev counter on it works off the ecu? Next question would it work off the ecu of Molls 2.0l petrol? Then i could pinch her clocks and everyone would be rev counter happy.As she has the cluster from a 1991 Corrado in hers.
      My understand is the same as yours. The Tdi clocks take the Rev signal from the ECU and the ABL takes it from the blue wire on the alternator. Same with the 2.4’s. They both have this signal for the oil pressure warning thingy iirc.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
      #vanlife

Comment

• She packed up just before I pulled up at the clients this morning. No power to pump solenoid or into the engine bay. No power to fuse or relay. I’m guessing either the horrific wiring for the Sterling touch immobiliser (which is so easily bypassed it’s unreal so I doubt it’s that) or an ignition switch. Temp power from battery with a 15a fuse got it going again.

#vanlife

Comment

• Some sticky brakes from being stood that freed after running it up the road and some coolant and oil leaks sorted, it passed the MOT with nothing imminent looming. Wants a set of tyres that I knew about as they’re near the limit.

Was considering switching this one to Tdi as I’ve got most of the stuff I need to do it but it starts, runs and drives so great I won’t bother. Well, other than the badly out of balance turbo. It’s on the list……

#vanlife

Comment

• Took the red wreck for a run of about 40 miles earlier. Not driven this one more than moving it around the drive/street for about 6 months. It suprised me with how peppy it is despite the turbo being a mess. Mega sharp out of junctions and roundabouts on the dumb manual Lane Rover pump. Unequivocally and noticeably better from a rest and initial urgency than the 2.5tdi is currently (soon to be changed as it’s still on an early map).

The single mass flywheel chatter is almost unbearable though. It sounds fucking disgraceful. It’s nearly as bad as 3000rom at 60mph. How anyone can find this acceptable is beyond me. I need to get down to cheesetowers to pick up the EWB with knackered casing to swap the diff and gears out into mine and to give him some shit and abuse of course.

#vanlife

Comment

• I got a bargain on a brand new FASP swivel about 6 months ago and never had time to do anything with it so I ran around most of the day then got back mid afternoon as I had my mind set on fitting the swivel. Bit of back story, we have Saab 9-5 Aero seats in this van as they’re like sitting in giant been bags with excellent leg and side bolsters which is great as I need the support for my fucked up hip and knee. They sit fair bit taller than the godawful church pews fitted to T4’s as standard. The swivel adds another inch so I wanted to take a couple inches out when I fitted them. On my way home I got an exchange bottle of gas as mine way out and I’ve got someone’s Alfa 75 to do some welding on tomorrow.

Anyway, I pulled the seat out and split it from the base:

Then i cut the bottom 2” off the base and due to the shape of it when I placed the bottom sections inside the top, it worked out perfectly so I drilled a couple holes so I could plug weld it to test:

With it fitting perfectly I then seam welded the bottom all the way along the front, sides and all the inner sections. Given it’s pretty vital in terms of safety I just went hell for leather at it. My Chinese eBay special welder working a treat as always. A great suggestion by Reg to go for this one as on paper it’s better than the R-tech versions of the same output but for a third of the price. I know it’s got a really good duty cycle but I was surprised it did all the seam welding on this meaty thickness steel in one hit and didn’t overheat:

Bit of grinding back and then some hammershite:

It ain’t pretty but the penetration is spot on and strong so that’s all that matters. Non of it is seen. I’ll throw it back in the van tomorrow. Having the swivel should make a huge difference to the internal space when it’s just the 2 of us when we’re touring as we can’t be arsed to set up the big awning and we’ve still not pulled our fingers out and researched a small one.

#vanlife

Comment

• Handy to know about the seat lowering and see it demonstrated. Thx TP. Do your Saab seats have a height adjustment?

Comment

• Originally posted by TommyP View Post

It ain’t pretty but the penetration is spot on and strong

Oooooh Matron.
                  Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post

Oooooh Matron.
                    What about the Clergy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim24 View Post

What about the Clergy?
                      He is still trying to get over that. Probably doesn't want to talk about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                        Handy to know about the seat lowering and see it demonstrated. Thx TP. Do your Saab seats have a height adjustment?
                        Yes they do. The have height and rake adjustment hence them being so tall as the mech in the base has a lot going on.

#vanlife

Comment

He is still trying to get over that. Probably doesn't want to talk about it.
                          I don’t.

#vanlife

Comment

• Good, lets talk about it then. Get it off your chest.

"Hello little tommyp, long time no see."

"Hello Father O'Mally."

"I still remember you when you were down here."

"Can we change the subject please, Father?"

Comment

Good, lets talk about it then. Get it off your chest.

"Hello little tommyp, long time no see."

"Hello Father O'Mally."

"I still remember you when you were down here."

"Can we change the subject please, Father?"

Hahaha - Peter Kay had a similar gag on his ‘tour that didn’t tour tour’

Also: No comment.

#vanlife

Comment

• A bit tight bolting the seat onto it but she’s in!:

#vanlife

Comment

Working...
                                X