Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blindfaith 2.Yet Another Winter Project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And yes Jim they are interchangeable. They just bolt to the rad.

Comment

• When its cold and dark use the utility room as a workshop. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4901.JPG
Views:	209
Size:	933.5 KB
ID:	335536

Comment

• Fooking hate the front seat bolts, theres no room to swing a cat. So i use a bit powered by a Bahco adjustafull spanner. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4902.JPG
Views:	210
Size:	856.3 KB
ID:	335538

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
          Thinking of getting a golf surround just to see how much it would take to convert or make one out of a golf T4 frankendash
          Smart thinking Si

Comment

• I put the red PAS fluid in and we have assisted steering. A run down the lane with one headlight,no rears and no glass and we have a speedo that works.

Comment

• Nothing doing for a couple a weeks. Tommyp's dash surround is an improvement, just have the sides to fill and bring the cluster forward in the bottom and it wont be far away. In other news the seat belt anchor plates cover the slotted holes in the cab so another problem sorted.Think i'm going to use Iveco rear clusters with bulbs, i did think about custom bike iron cross rear lights but then it starts to look too rat. And i've never been a biker.

Comment

• Haven't had the sheet off it since before Xmas apart from to steal the air box. And I found someone's stole the coolant. Filled up and running to see where it went. Nothing in the oil sept oil. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220226_115648.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	653.2 KB
ID:	339280

Comment

.... I found someone's stole the coolant]
                  Santa's thirsty reindeer Si?

Comment

• Ran it for an hour and no sign of a coolant wee. Got a strumpet wanting an oil change on her 4motion so may have another gander tomorrow and perhaps build a bit more of the interior up.

Comment

Just need to fine tune when the surround arrives from Tommy. I may bring the cluster forward to "close the gap" and add material to the surround edges so you dont see past it. Are Dylans a wiz with model making so he may be called upon to match where the surround meets the cluster. All very much doable.
                      Tell Dylan not to use polymer clay to build the sides up..it has a reaction with dash plastics.

Sent from my Nokia 2.4 using Just T4s

Comment

• Was looking at the dash yesterday Neal, going to redrill my brackets and raise the cluster about 5mm so the warning lights clear the bottom of the surround Tommy sent me then i just need to blank off the sides.Some flat black plastic should do the trick.

Comment

Was looking at the dash yesterday Neal, going to redrill my brackets and raise the cluster about 5mm so the warning lights clear the bottom of the surround Tommy sent me then i just need to blank off the sides.Some flat black plastic should do the trick.
                          That sounds like a plan! Again, be careful what glue you stick the black plastic on with. Some of them have a reaction that turn the plastic white. Super glue being 1 of them.

Sent from my Nokia 2.4 using Just T4s

Comment

• If you cast ya mind back you'll remember I had to replace the Bonnet hinges that are welded to the scuttle. Couldn't be sure until today's if they were in the right place...........they are Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220319_161737.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	762.7 KB
ID:	339905

Comment

• It's not the bonnet I'll be using, that'll get painted in the summer. Did you finish yours Rob?

Comment

• Just five or six hours dicking about really but feels like huge progress after not touching it since December.

Comment

Working...
                                X