Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blindfaith 2.Yet Another Winter Project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you're spraying outside the external temp, humidity etc play havoc with the paint, hardeners and thinners. Try painting in a sided gazebo it can eliminate / narrow down the factors down a lot. Might reduce the predatory insect spoilers too! I found an old white T-shirt sprayed with insect killer nearby became a better attraction and stop off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
      If you're spraying outside the external temp, humidity etc play havoc with the paint, hardeners and thinners. Try painting in a sided gazebo it can eliminate / narrow down the factors down a lot. Might reduce the predatory insect spoilers too! I found an old white T-shirt sprayed with insect killer nearby became a better attraction and stop off.
      Isn’t the T-shirt all you managed to spray? PMSL
      #vanlife

Comment

• Originally posted by TommyP View Post

Isn’t the T-shirt all you managed to spray? PMSL
        It’s the only thing the paint stuck too

Comment

• Right have a look at this.Light flat with 2000 grit with wet clean water(Regs says soapy water,what soap, surly not washing up liquid?) Stopped when it went dull then attacked with G3 paste. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4674.JPG
Views:	170
Size:	595.4 KB
ID:	328369Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4675.JPG
Views:	171
Size:	610.1 KB
ID:	328370

Comment

• The paints thin in a couple a places, i take it i can blow those in and do the same thing again? Call me a coward but i hopped from one foot to the other then read de chav page two again then tried to convince myself it was ok how it looks in the right of the picture then Mol said if you dont fucking flat it i will.

Comment

• Mist the first coat, give it five - ten minutes to gas off and then start laying decent coats, you can lay on quite a bit of paint, go steady and keep a wet edge. Work progressively across a panel to give a uniform coat. Spray in full long sweeps. Might want to put a bit more thinners in the last coat.
              Wait 15 minutes between coats, set an alarm or something because YOU WILL go back too soon otherwise.

You aint flatting that peel out with 2000, best start with 600 and possibly another coat of paint. If you really wanted to wet sand out that peel (and it is really bad) then start at 800 or 1000, lot of work though, I'd probably flat it back and have another go with the gun.

Comment

• Cheers, going to paint the right wing following your advice and compare to see how i improve. Seeing orange peel everywhere now. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4678.JPG
Views:	163
Size:	681.9 KB
ID:	328393Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4677.JPG
Views:	161
Size:	667.3 KB
ID:	328394

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                  Mist the first coat, give it five - ten minutes to gas off and then start laying decent coats, you can lay on quite a bit of paint, go steady and keep a wet edge. Work progressively across a panel to give a uniform coat. Spray in full long sweeps. Might want to put a bit more thinners in the last coat.
                  Wait 15 minutes between coats, set an alarm or something because YOU WILL go back too soon otherwise.

You aint flatting that peel out with 2000, best start with 600 and possibly another coat of paint. If you really wanted to wet sand out that peel (and it is really bad) then start at 800 or 1000, lot of work though, I'd probably flat it back and have another go with the gun.
                  Screenshotted

Sent from my Nokia 2.4 using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                    Cheers, going to paint the right wing following your advice and compare to see how i improve. Seeing orange peel everywhere now. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4678.JPG
Views:	163
Size:	681.9 KB
ID:	328393Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4677.JPG
Views:	161
Size:	667.3 KB
ID:	328394
                    I've seen factory paint jobs (normally peugeot) and so called 'pro' spray jobs that people have paid good money for with similar peel so don't get too upset about it. You have many more variables to deal with if you are spraying in an uncontrolled environment - the pros have no excuse.

Comment

I've seen factory paint jobs (normally peugeot) - the pros have no excuse.
                      The pros have plenty of excuses ! My landlord has had a body shop for 30+ years and his work is shite , I can do better with an aerosol

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post

The pros have plenty of excuses ! I can do better with an aerosol
                        Now theres another debarcle Kev! ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post

The pros have plenty of excuses ! My landlord has had a body shop for 30+ years and his work is shite , I can do better with an aerosol
                          What's Tommy got to do with it?

Comment

• I forgot the T-shirt. But otherwise it's red and shiny(and full of fucking flies)

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Just T4s

Comment

• Room for improvement...

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Just T4s

Comment

What's Tommy got to do with it?
                                Naff all but he’s good with a roller

Comment

Working...
                                X