Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blindfaith 2.Yet Another Winter Project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another part recycled. knocked the ding out of the top caused by the bonnet on Mols bus. Picture dont do it justice but just needs a skim of filler and job done. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4417.JPG
Views:	179
Size:	690.4 KB
ID:	323851Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4418.JPG
Views:	178
Size:	642.8 KB
ID:	323852

Comment

• Then i've attacked the rust on the inside, Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN4419.JPG Views:	0 Size:	650.1 KB ID:	323854Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN4420.JPG Views:	0 Size:	779.7 KB ID:	323855

Comment

• Had a poke round some of the "repairs" the other bloke did to it. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4425.JPG
Views:	169
Size:	621.8 KB
ID:	323886Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4424.JPG
Views:	165
Size:	667.0 KB
ID:	323887

Comment

• Thought it best to cut most of it out and start again. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4426.JPG
Views:	177
Size:	716.1 KB
ID:	323889Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4427.JPG
Size:	652.8 KB
ID:	323890

Comment

• Then i'm all fired up to put the last bit in and run out a mig wire. I know i'll pinch the spool off my old Murex welder in the top shed..................blast i've already done that. So thats it for today. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4428.JPG
Views:	174
Size:	707.8 KB
ID:	323892

Comment

• I put the hole for the blanking plug back in as per factory so i can squirt so wax in later.The plugs even a Vdub one. Note its not a gromit ,that has a hole for wires to go through.

Comment

• I found one of the holes in the door step for the plastic trim had doubled in size due to tin worm so i drilled it out with a taper hole cutter, I think i'll just drop a blanking plug in that too. Behind the left hand rear door inner sill i found a bit of "pepper pot rust" which i may drill out in the same fashion. its right in the bottom corner of the rear cab so being able to get wax in there would be good me thinks.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                  Thought it best to cut most of it out and start again. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4426.JPG
Views:	177
Size:	716.1 KB
ID:	323889Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4427.JPG
Size:	652.8 KB
ID:	323890
                  Why didn't you just grind that off properly, drill out the spots and replace the lot rather than patch it? Seems like half a job, done the long way round.

Comment

• Yep, thinking about it, your right.I'm often too quick to engage the welder and not me brain. Looking back at Blindfaith One i made the same mistake on Mollys van. For fucks sake dont tell her.
                    Last edited by S49; 26 April 2021, 02:11 PM.

Comment

• Was hoping to get the chassis painted this long weekend but the weather looks shite.

Comment

Was hoping to get the chassis painted this long weekend but the weather looks shite.
                        Thought red oxide could be applied under water Si?

Comment

• With the ole chaps Boat top in Wales i could do it where its parked but i dont want to gas the folk in the holiday cottage.I'll have to content my self with poking some more holes.

Comment

• Haven’t sat and read through a thread for a while Si- this looks epic! Great job

Comment

• Cheers Tom, its going to take a while.

Comment

With the ole chaps Boat top in Wales i could do it where its parked but i dont want to gas the folk in the holiday cottage.I'll have to content my self with poking some more holes.
                                I'm unsure how to respond and reply to that Si, but sounds like a good weekend? ;-)

Comment

Working...
                                X