No announcement yet.

The Caveman Chronicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thats not a guru from Devon per chance?

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
      Thats not a guru from Devon per chance?
      PAH! No chance, he’s buried in his own shit dealing with the green goddess! Think he’s ordered 37 driveshafts for it so far and counting. Non have fitted yet….

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
      #vanlife

Comment

• Originally posted by TommyP View Post

PAH! No chance, he’s buried in his own shit dealing with the green goddess! Think he’s ordered 37 driveshafts for it so far and counting. Non have fitted yet….

All it takes is one phone call / email to a very good machinist/ engineer and a drive shaft can be lengthened or shortened to Reg’s required length .

It won’t be the first drive shaft I’ve modified .

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post

All it takes is one phone call / email to a very good machinist/ engineer and a drive shaft can be lengthened or shortened to Reg’s required length .

It won’t be the first drive shaft I’ve modified .

It’s the PCD and thread size of the bolt holes.

Plus we don’t know any good machinist/engineers. Anyone got any contacts?

#vanlife

Comment

• Best of British Builders today TP, now you've dumped the Frankenpump and "built" a new monster (does it have a generic name?), I hope it all falls into place for you. What a journey!

Sent from my SM-G988B using Just T4s

Comment

• Right, so it runs and stays running now, I couldn’t speak to the ECU but now I’ve sorted that and have a couple faults. Spent the day sorting the bodge of an auto loom to work with all my manual and ancient 2.4d shit. Everything with the exception of the hazards works now and as it should. Pretty much 2 days solid chasing, cutting and soldering wires etc. Ballache but pretty much done now, enough to be able to use it again without any drama at all. Got an N75 issue but I may have plugged it into the wrong plug as there’s 2 identical connectors in the look for it so I’ll have to have a look at which wires it needs.

I think I might have to change the clutch master cylinder as mine is still the 2.4d one but I’ve got one here so I might just do it anyway.

Not sure if it’s an issue or not but the linkage is being a pain in the ass but it shouldn’t be. I’ll take a better look tomorrow after dealing with the clutch. The front panel is back on and wiring strewn across to where it needs to go and when the rad is on, I’ll take it for a drive to see what’s what and how the map behaves with the turbo. I know full well the map will need tweaking as the turbo is a bit of an unknown as it’s far bigger than normal and also with the modern billet compressor wheel that flows fuck knows what. We’ll see.

Immobiliser issue was sorted by Rob.

People keep telling me but now I feel it’s nearly there. Would love to be back in it on Monday but we’ll see.

#vanlife

Comment

• Keep pushing hard Tommy, we have faith in you.
                Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• So I kept pushing hard, on the clutch, and it failed. I couldn’t get any gears with the engine running so I bled it again and it improved. They were a bit too stiff to get in and 1st was only now and then. Then the clutch pedal dropped to the floor and the smoke started pouring out the bellhousing.

Box on its way back out again………PMSL!

#vanlife

Comment

• Well this looks a bit poorly:

I did it leaving the engine in: I hate doing it this way. It’ll be a **** to get back in.

Basically my clutch has shagged it. The 02b setup isn’t compatible.

Looking into multiple options at the minute. Time is a big factor as I need it on the road at the weekend ready for testing the Tdi setup and then back into service on Monday.

Has anyone got an ACV SMF going spare?

#vanlife

Comment

• Before fitting the 02G did you just assume the cluches were identical? Or the clutch kits were only different by the slave / CSC?

I've got no 02G clutch parts TP I could help with, other than the 228mm SMF Sachs Race 2 PC kits. Valeo sell a 4P kit for ACV #835028 which would give you the fly and CSC to operate an SMF.

What's your options if there's a time constraint?
                      LUK DMF with an upgraded plate or plates?

Comment

• Best option after speaking to a motorsport firm that came recommended from another mate that does powerful vans said the Sachs SRE on an SMF would be the best option.

#vanlife

Comment

• Tommy I have a smf rom my. Auf. Witch are the same. The kit I bought came with a new one so I fitted it. I still got the old one

Comment

• Originally posted by huskyman View Post
                            Tommy I have a smf rom my. Auf. Witch are the same. The kit I bought came with a new one so I fitted it. I still got the old one
                            If Tommy's not interested HM, I am.

Comment

• Hi Activ. Need to wait for Tommy to reply first

Comment

• Fuck, just as I’ve bought a DMF……..

I’ll PM you

#vanlife

Comment

Working...
                                X