The Caveman Chronicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by huskyman View Post
    Tommy. What happened to your no ecu. Claim. Sometimes you have to go with whatever is going to work for you. Like others that use all manner of things in their vans. Hope you will be happy with it. That engine. Been out too many times
    It’s not a claim, I’ve done more miles with my 2.5 mtdi in 12 months than 99% of other people do in 10 years of there fair weather ownership. Never let me down. Just a few running niggles, it’s ran a bit too well hence eating gearboxes.

It won’t be the last time the engine is out. I have plans for machining the flywheel and an even bigger clutch.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
    #vanlife

Comment

• Another shorter day yesterday and I got how to parcels everywhere. The pump from Reg:

The bargain Bosch MAF & MAP sensors that I thought wouldn’t arrive until next week:

Tinkered around with the above and planning other stuff for a few hours and that was about it.

Off to go and rip some stuff off a private chap breaking an ACV. I’ve got this feeling I’ll be coming back with the engine and box as he’s letting the stuff go for bargain basement money.

#vanlife

Comment

• Buy as much as you can for Justin and your running 2 vans

Comment

• Thats it, hoover it up. Then when you get a third you'll have half the stuff ready. Dont ask how i know.

Comment

• I know I’m not posting much at the moment, but I’m super busy at this time of the year, but suffice to say I do drop in and like to see what you’re up to, and it’s good to see it all coming along Tommy. Thanks for posting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post
              Buy as much as you can for Justin and your running 2 vans
              I might just take a trailer with me the but I’d have to hide whatever returns as the missus would fucking kill me.

#vanlife

Comment

• Holy fucking shit I should have taken a trailer! Me and a mate who also has 2 T4’s spent the day breaking a man ex AA van that was perfectly fine other than a starting issue. An absolute crying shame to break it but if we didn’t have it someone else would have. I’ll attempt to do a list of what we got for £500!!!!!

Complete engine with all sensors brackets and looms
                02G gearbox with brackets mounts and linkage
                Dash
                Cluster and surround
                Full heater with all controls and looms and sensors and everything you could imagine
                Fuse box and virtually every loom that went into it
                ECU and N75 with mounting brackets
                Top mount 4pin intercooler with mounts and bonnet insert into cooler
                Every random clip we could get in the van that you can’t find like pollen housing, air filter housing and rad swing mounts to name a just a small handful
                The engine came with absolutely everything so the fuel pump, injectors, turbo, manifolds, imagine removing absolutely everything from the engine bay and we had it.
                I took the entire pedal box and all looms with the bigger servo and master cylinders on it. All the engine bay brake and clutch lines too.
                Alternator and starter
                Metal under tray
                The DMF and clutch are brand new fitted 1000miles ago PMSL
                THE LOT!

We took so much I can’t even list it all off the top of my head but we filled my mates empty LWB almost a metre off the floor.

I only went for the linkage and something else I can’t even remember now. The stuff I will never need like the manifolds and turbo I’ll package up and sell to a 2.4d sheep and I’ll make 75% of my money back. And other little bits and bobs I won’t need will net me a very healthy profit and the rest will go into stock and owe me nothing.

Black Friday deal maybe? Hahahahahaha! I feel like a highwayman. Ive only just taken my mask off. Would have taken more but it started getting dark. May go back next weekend for all the suspension and brakes.

I drove there and back in my mates 2.5 Tdi 102. How anyone can be happy with the performance of one of those in standard form, I’ll never know or understand - truly horrific. It’ll do 80 when you eventually get it there and yes it’ll still accelerate but the time it would take to get to 90 would be measured using a calendar. This is when it was empty….. his other van he got into the T17 with and it’s fast as fuck so he wasn’t offended when I exclaimed to him how diabolical it was. Lol. No wonder there’s a big tuning scene. Then again, maybe I just want other things from the way my van drives (along with countless others that tweak them). Each to their own. Still though, dayum.

Last edited by TommyP; 20 November 2021, 08:01 PM.
                #vanlife

Comment

• Oh and my mates mate needed a panel cut so we cut the drivers side from the door to round the side out lol. Inner and outer cills the lot. Took ages, what a fucking faff. We had to get him to bring his van to take it away as we had no room for a complete van side lol. Truly unbelievable haul had today.

#vanlife

Comment

• Were'nt you a 2.4 sheep once? Sounds like i'm not the only one hoarding then.

Comment

• Sounds like you should a trailered the lot away. You bandit you.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                        Were'nt you a 2.4 sheep once? Sounds like i'm not the only one hoarding then.
                        Sheep as in T4 owner but yes I did have to endure the 2.4d for a few months. Dark times I tell you Si, just you wait mate. That’s what the 102 reminded me of, pressing the pedal and very little happening.

Nope, I imagine jealously will keep Rob from posting. That and him pushing pins into his TommyP voodoo doll. I bet that would look like a cabbage patch doll/baby for anyone who remembers their sisters of kids having one of them.

#vanlife

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                          Sounds like you should a trailered the lot away. You bandit you.
                          I keep having to pinch myself.

#vanlife

Comment

• Opportunities are created in this World. You did real good TP.

Does Jono know?
                            Have a nice evening.....

Sent from my SM-G988B using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                              Opportunities are created in this World. You did real good TP.

Does Jono know?
                              Have a nice evening.....

Sent from my SM-G988B using Just T4s
                              Yeah I told him, the swelling and bruises will be gone in a few days.

#vanlife

Comment

• Tommy. Did you get a towbar. I want one

Comment

Working...
                                X