The Caveman Chronicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post

Hahaha. I would contribute more but I am really quite useless. I bring less than zero to the table.
    I think writing "something" is a good contribution. It adds a pub banter feel to the threads, a little humour and the odd tangent are all part of the exchange as it would be face2face. It can't all be an encyclopedic web guff dowmload or fact farts surely?

Sent from my SM-G988B using Just T4s

Comment

• Had to buy a full timing belt kit which was annoying. I couldn’t find a decently priced IP belt kit that would arrive in less than 15 weeks or something daft and I already ordered the engine timing belt kit before I decided to go Tdi so I didn’t have the right IP belt, guide and tensioner.

The ECU, engine loom and cluster loom arrived along with the inner cv boot kits:

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
      #vanlife

Comment

• Did Reg supply this lot?
        I know it's not particularly important to you TP but did you get the ECU brackets,clips and plastic shroud to stop it rattling around or the moisture getting or in your case squirting oil?

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
          Did Reg supply this lot?
          I know it's not particularly important to you TP but did you get the ECU brackets,clips and plastic shroud to stop it rattling around or the moisture getting or in your case squirting oil?

No he didn’t.

No brackets, that’s what cable ties are for.

#vanlife

Comment

• Hi Tommy. That's when things become unreliable when fixed by cable ties and not done properly

Comment

• Originally posted by huskyman View Post
              Hi Tommy. That's when things become unreliable when fixed by cable ties and not done properly
              You could be right, I’ve got loads of 50mm screws spare from a job so I’ll screw it to the battery in that case. Best to be safe than sorry.

#vanlife

Comment

• She’s back in:

#vanlife

Comment

• Eh?? That dont look like a TDI pump.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                    Eh?? That dont look like a TDI pump.
                    It’s not lol that one is coming off

#vanlife

Comment

• Well done TP, you make it look all too easy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                        Well done TP, you make it look all too easy.

I thought it would’ve been running by now , everything is quick release on Tp’s motor , it’s been in and out more times than Ron Jeremys do da

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post

I thought it would’ve been running by now , everything is quick release on Tp’s motor , it’s been in and out more times than Ron Jeremys do da
                          I did consider fitting the gearbox via an extremely large V band round the bell housing.

#vanlife

Comment

• Originally posted by TommyP View Post

I did consider fitting the gearbox via an extremely large V band round the bell housing.

I thought the gearboxes just ripped themselves out as there’s So much torque

Comment

• Got nothing else done as I took the golf for an MOT, they were running late, I picked up some more Tdi shite and then it was dark. Failed on:

Rear brake pipes
                              Emissions (2/4 lambda sensors are fucked)
                              A random rust hole in the floor pan near the seatbelt mount
                              3/4 CV boots on the front are shagged
                              Passenger interior door handle rod has fell off so it won’t open from the inside.

Then on the way home the crank sensor shat itself again and it started preparing me for life with the work van having an ECU and gave me a taste of limp mode misery.

#vanlife

Comment

• I’ve got the Volvo pump to go on but the it pump has an 8 pin connector (7 used) and the VW one has a 10 pin connector. Trying to dig out a VW lid to stick on it. I figure that should work.

There’s a couple wires that have been cut on the loom too and I’ve no clue what they’re for, the seller said they were alarm stuff but I’ve no idea: the pic doesn’t show the rest but I’ll have to find out what these do and where they should go.

#vanlife

Comment

Working...
                                X