No announcement yet.

The Caveman Chronicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What’s Si’s saying ..... your never bored with a Ford or was it your never bored with an mtdi

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post
      What’s Si’s saying ..... your never bored with a Ford or was it your never bored with an mtdi
      You hands are never clean with an mTdi.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
      #vanlife

Comment

• Originally posted by TommyP View Post

You hands are never clean with an mTdi.

Yours are you were gloves

Comment

• I finally sorted this bag of shit out today. Turns out as mentioned previously that the pump was fine but it’s been fully stripped and rebuilt anyway. Turned the fuel down a touch but it still needs to go down further to control smoke. Low idle from cold, fast idle when warm. Had this before and rectified it but I’ll be fucked if I can remember how I did it.

I’ve toyed with the idle of a cold start fast idle and Reg mentioned it once too. Any tips to point me in the right direction would be appreciated good sir. I’ve got a 6pot pumps wax stat mechanism I was thinking of using somehow.

It’s great to be back in it, not especially fast but wonderfully torquey. Still nails transit customs and 1.0 Corsas. Happy days.

It’s easy to forget how obnoxiously loud it is though. Hells bells. Phenomenally conspicuous.

Considering going to action in it rather than the camper. Not sure. Haven’t even booked yet. New pup coming so I’ll be on my 1’s.

#vanlife

Comment

• It’s back on the road and I’m glad it is as I missed it. Thought I’d be a lot more happy to have it back than I am though. Maybe a sign.

With the timing retarded back to roughly 1.00 it runs like shit from cold and the idle is too low. When it’s warm it’s too fast. Had this issue before but can’t remember what sorted it, fueling I assume. Smokes off boost, a haze on boost at mid range and plenty smoke when revving to oblivion. Clearly my DA shims didn’t work.

Still a slight oil leak on the timing end and given the possible premature failure of the IP belt from oil saturation it’s only a matter of time until the timing one goes. Need to change it but I really can’t be arsed with it at the minute and I’d rather be shot in the neck with an arrow than even think about it.

Very little enthusiasm or motivation for this van at the minute. Can’t even be arsed to wash it.

Mardy arsed bastard.

#vanlife

Comment

• Just flog the crappy old wheezy rot box, mugs out there will buy anything T4 at the moment, then get yourself something decent.

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                Just flog the crappy old wheezy rot box, mugs out there will buy anything T4 at the moment, then get yourself something decent.
                We’ve both decided that the golf and Scirocco are going for a Touareg and maybe the white piece of shit may go for a T5.1.

#vanlife

Comment

We’ve both decided that the golf and Scirocco are going for a Touareg and maybe the white piece of shit may go for a T5.1.

All hail the ecu

Comment

• Drop the golf off at mine, my mate will have the rocco. Cheers

Have you thought about the new Transit, that'd suit you and yer hi viz.

Comment

How come the sudden lose of morale?

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                        Drop the golf off at mine, my mate will have the rocco. Cheers

Have you thought about the new Transit, that'd suit you and yer hi viz.
                        I'm dibs on the golf lol

Sent from my Nokia 2.4 using Just T4s

Comment

• Thought you were breaking it?

Comment

• Originally posted by fifet4 View Post
                            I'm dibs on the golf lol
                            yeah...you have second dibs.

Comment

• I don’t want 4 project motors anymore. For the very rare few on here that have more than 1 project, they’ll understand the fucking time and money pits they are.

The golf wants a timing chain, I have a spare engine and may do that and stick it in and then tart it up a tad as the prices are rising. The Rocco is worth fuck all. They never have been. It spends all its time blocked in up the top of the drive behind 2 other motors and does about 1000 miles a year. Needs work but is reliable and drives really nice to be honest.

I just can’t be fucking arsed for any of them at the minute. They can all fuck off but I’ll regret it massively almost instantly.

#vanlife

Comment

• Gold threw an engine light the other day so has been laid up. Open to offers.

#vanlife

Comment

Working...
                                X