Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haha, nice one.
    Using a #bagforvanstrife.
    At least you'll be able to identy it hung in the shed.

Comment

• When’s the van going on the rolling road ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
        Haha, nice one.
        Using a #bagforvanstrife.
        At least you'll be able to identy it hung in the shed.
        It’s heavy as shit. It would pull the shed down

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
        #vanlife

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post
          When’s the van going on the rolling road ?
          As soon as I’ve sorted some boost leaks and the turbo noise out.

#vanlife

Comment

• Thick black smoke that looks like I’m carrying dot cottons sitting room in the back and only 11psi are getting on my tits. Got a new boost pipe coming and then I’ll tweak a couple bits and maybe even give it a wash.

#vanlife

Comment

• Took the red wrecks injectors out to send off for bigger sexy nozzles and then got a bit of time one this rancid piece of shit.

Found the boost leak: rubbed through on the alt pulley. I have loads of silicone and hard pipes so I started again and replaced/re-routed the lot from the compressor housing to the intercooler.

Changed the aux belt too as it ate another one a few months back and I used my long ass squeaky spare on it.

Road test and balance has been restored to the force. 20psi and bucketloads of grunt. Still need perfecting at the top end but revs well and the difference between this pump and the old one from the first dyno is night and day. I think the dynamic advance needs dealing with now. Possibly over advanced at the top end for a the weak Tdi timing piston spring. I may try shimming the spring only. I’ll leave the cap as it is.

#vanlife

Comment

• Whilst enjoying the rebirth of the mTdi this morning on an epic long, twisty and hilly country road on the way to today’s job, I thought I noticed a bit of clutch slip. Not sure if this is because I have a miss matched clutch master/slave setup, or the fact that I hover my foot over the clutch sometimes. Conscious effort to put foot on floor from now on me thinks. Also, it could all be in my head as the just the way it feels now with torque and it’s relation to the engine note. I can’t explain this any better so I won’t try.

God it’s good to have the grunt back, had a Astra van try and skip the queue behind me on a roundabout via the right hand turn only Lane next to me. I went for a tight gap onto the roundabout, he did the same, I pulled out of the useless 1st and leathered it in 2nd and third round and off the roundabout with the inside wheel kit up and covered him in smoke and he had to pull in behind. I was laughing my tits off. When it opened out into a dual carriage way a few miles further on I left it in 5th and rolled the power (and smoke) out again. He came by eventually as weight is not on my side and they’re faster top end. Was a riot. EGT’s peaked at about 850’C.

Got home and decided to give it a birthday, gave it a wash and fitted the centre caps:Note the badge signifying magnificence on the grill:

#vanlife

Comment

• Did you wash the exhaust side TP? Or just the side for the pic?

Comment

• Looks sweet on the banded steels. I'm thinking steelies once I'm almost kitted out in the back cos the load rating on my ATS Cups is shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                      Did you wash the exhaust side TP? Or just the side for the pic?
                      No point doing the drivers/exhaust side, it’ll be shit up straight away when I belt it out the street and vomit coal up the side.

Last edited by TommyP; 8 June 2021, 10:52 PM.
                      #vanlife

Comment

• Originally posted by No Sliders View Post
                        Looks sweet on the banded steels. I'm thinking steelies once I'm almost kitted out in the back cos the load rating on my ATS Cups is shit.
                        It’s a piece of shit but I do love it. I had Audi V8 alloys on it before and it looked shite really. Thought it was great at first but then I came to my senses and went back to the commercial look.

#vanlife

Comment

• Have you changed your lower grill bit again Tommy? I thought you had an aftermarket 1?

Sent from my Nokia 2.4 using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by fifet4 View Post
                            Have you changed your lower grill bit again Tommy? I thought you had an aftermarket 1?

Sent from my Nokia 2.4 using Just T4s
                            No it’s the same as it’s always been, Mk4 golf bumper grill.

#vanlife

Comment

• Ha, ha. Love it Tommy. Throw some smog out the back and leave em wiping their soot stained tears away.

Brilliant.

Comment

• I do love a Panel Van…

Looks cracking, and rolling coal….

Comment

Working...
                                X