X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ha, ha. Ha....!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by huskyman View Post
      Hi. Tommy. Why all the agg. My 2.5. Goes well as it is without all that messing around. Not suppose to be a race machine with 300 horses
      It’s a personal thing, some people are more than happy with them in standard form. I’m not, I think that they’re dogshit. If I want to pull out into a tight gap on an uphill section of dual carriageway or crawler lane with a trailer and digger on and add 10-20mph to match the speed of that lane then I can. In a standard van, you can’t. I’ve tried and no, they’re just not up to it. There’s a huge tuning scene for these vans so I’m fairly confident I’m right when I say, others find them dogshit too.

It’s a shame I never got the mtdi back on the rollers in its outgoing form as it was very torquey compared to the dynoed pump of that time at a shitty and pathetic 113bhp and the same torque as a 102 Tdi.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
      #vanlife

Comment

• Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post

What pressure? He only works 3 hours a day. Mind, you don't want to know what he gets up to the reat of the day.
        Pressure.......pfffffft!
        Hahahaha! Twat.

#vanlife

Comment

• I’m told the Sachs VR6 clutch pressure plate can’t be uprated as it’s at the max already for the size but I’m having an organic lining and slightly bigger too. I can safely add 2mm to the OD to make it a 230mm and the inside will take another 5-6mm. That’s a decent increase and with the better material it should be fairly decent. Both the fly and pressure plate will take the extra material as, like brake discs, they are bigger than the standard linings anyway.

#vanlife

Comment

• You could fit a paddle type clutch plate. Sachs sell a 228mm 4 paddle but there's a 6 paddle available.

I like the idea of relining. I was advised similar with an SMF setup. Knowing the materials and surface areas, the clutch forces can be calculated easy enough. A twin plate with an SMF could also be fitted.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Just T4s

Comment

• Tommy. I have a set of front brakes off of a sharan 300mm up fo grabs

Comment

Tommy. I have a set of front brakes off of a sharan 300mm up fo grabs
                HM can you bung For Sale items in the appropriate section bud?
                It'll help to sell the items you have and declutter build threads. Ta.

Comment

• How are you gong to ECU it. Get a complete TDI loom and run to the fuse box?

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                    You could fit a paddle type clutch plate. Sachs sell a 228mm 4 paddle but there's a 6 paddle available.

I like the idea of relining. I was advised similar with an SMF setup. Knowing the materials and surface areas, the clutch forces can be calculated easy enough. A twin plate with an SMF could also be fitted.

I’ll take a look for the 4 paddle. Paddle clutches always seem strange to me, less material = more bite? Sounds illogical. Must be a simple explanation, never looked into it.

Relining: works for the commercial industry for trucks and coaches…..: This is my 228mm next to a man sized clutch.

#vanlife

Comment

Tommy. I have a set of front brakes off of a sharan 300mm up fo grabs
                      Got those on this van, how much do you want for them as I’m mildly interested for the camper. Not bothered about condition as I’ll strip and rebuild them regardless.

#vanlife

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                        How are you gong to ECU it. Get a complete TDI loom and run to the fuse box?
                        Engine loom.
                        Cluster, surround and loom.
                        Throttle pedal and loom.
                        MAF sensor.
                        Tdi airbox lid to take MAF.
                        MAP sensor somewhere (probably in place of the blow off valve).
                        ECU + Acceptable (pref 180 bhp) starter map.
                        Connect crank sensor and needle lift already fitted.
                        Volvo D5252T pump, bracket and tdi tensioner+guide setup.

There’s bound to be more I’ve either forgotten or don’t know about.

You asked…………

Last edited by TommyP; 9 November 2021, 11:32 PM.
                        #vanlife

Comment

• The 02G gearbox should be ready to collect Thursday and the clutch is ready to pick up now. The gearbox is the early type so it’s got that shitty cable plunger pin thingy in it but I’ve had the rebuilder delete that by making a small tweak inside the box. Literally a 2 minute job with a grinder. It’s having all new bearings and synchros as necessary. Should last longer than all the previous shitty 02b’s that seem to be made from wednesleydale.

The 02g gearbox mount is here and I’ve ordered the clutch pipe and clip. Concentric slave landed a few days ago.

Starter motor seems to bolt up fine so I should be able to reuse that.

#vanlife

Comment

• Tommy I will find out from work

Comment

• Originally posted by TommyP View Post

Engine loom.
                              Cluster, surround and loom.
                              Throttle pedal and loom.
                              MAF sensor.
                              Tdi airbox lid to take MAF.
                              MAP sensor somewhere (probably in place of the blow off valve).
                              ECU + Acceptable (pref 180 bhp) starter map.
                              Connect crank sensor and needle lift already fitted.
                              Volvo D5252T pump, bracket and tdi tensioner+guide setup.

There’s bound to be more I’ve either forgotten or don’t know about.

You asked…………

So your ready to start fitting? I'll be following with interest mate.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post

So your ready to start fitting? I'll be following with interest mate.
                                Almost, I’m also changing the timing belt as it’s drenched in out and I think I’ve got to helicoil the cam caps as I’m sure the leak is from them being over tightened. I’ll probably shave the metal spacers down a tad too so it clamps down a bit better.

The loom and conversion is pretty simple and like the non Tdi looms it’s glaringly obvious what plugs into what. There’s just some confusion surrounding the Volvo pump as a few people have said I may need to re pin the plug as they wire slightly differently. I’ll need to get hold of some diagrams I think.

#vanlife

Comment

Working...
                                X