The Caveman Chronicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post

Whatsapp me tomorrow and remind me to have a look see if I have one...

ha ha autocorrect fail.
    I bought one:
    I’ll take a pic of it next to a standard one before I fit it so people can see the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
    #vanlife

Comment

• I’ve been busy during my isolation with ripping the cab out and covering it in acoustic matting for some sound deadening and a tad of insulation. The stuff I’ve got is only 2.5mm so it won’t isolate much but every little helps and i’m carpeting the bulkhead anyway and it gives a nice backing for it. I really wanted to weld up the window in the bulkhead but I didn’t have time, I could always go back to it in future if I wanted but I won’t lol. I’ve got a lot further than this as I’ve only got a bit of the floor to finish matting and then I’m ready to carpet the bulkhead.

I also got the diesel heater fitted: I’ve got it in the back just behind the bulkhead and just blowing into the cab for now but I’ll add a smaller vent for the back too. It can silicones and paslode gas warm and shizzle which is really handy. My ash tray cover has always been missing so I was super happy when the control panel (just) squeezed into the gap.

#vanlife

Comment

• A diesel heater in a work van? Is this why builder always take longer on the job than quoted?

Comment

• A diesel heater in a work van? Is this why builders always take longer on the job than quoted?

Comment

• Another fucked up dash

And it's the best looking one as well

Comment

Another fucked up dash

And it's the best looking one as well
              If I’ve touched it, it’s all fucked up.

#vanlife

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                A diesel heater in a work van? Is this why builder always take longer on the job than quoted?
                I dunno what made me fit it. Saves defrosting in the morning and good for covid tea breaks as I’m closing the site canteens now, they’re just another breeding group for for spreading. Plus, the main job I’m running has my site office doubled up as the canteen so I don’t want the filthy, festering, infected fuckpigs round me.

#vanlife

Comment

• I went out to get the cab of the van useable again for tomorrow and within 20 minutes it turned from dry to the Arctic tundra. I have frostbite on my balls:

I’ve still got to finish up a few bits like the Jesus handles, sun visors and then do the door cards. The heater is in and great, dash cam wired in.

All very boring and I’d rather do a barefoot marathon through legoland during a hurricane than do it again. I’ll get the other half to do the campers cab whilst I do cool vgt turbo stuff to it.

#vanlife

Comment

• You wont have chromed hubcaps but you've got all that crap hanging from your mirror? Have a word with yourself.

Comment

You wont have chromed hubcaps but you've got all that crap hanging from your mirror? Have a word with yourself.
                      Thats his feather boa for drag nights

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by Fife t4 View Post
                        Thats his feather boa for drag nights

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s
                        Not with 112bhp its not! ;-)

Comment

You wont have chromed hubcaps but you've got all that crap hanging from your mirror? Have a word with yourself.
                          Nonsense! It’ll suit the incoming Bentley stitch beautifully

#vanlife

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post

Not with 112bhp its not! ;-)
                            118 thank you! And that’s behind me now lol. Must be at least 130 lol

#vanlife

Comment

• 1st December 17:28

Comment

• Then I revise my new pump to be giving 124 lol

#vanlife

Comment

Working...
                                X