Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TommyP View Post
    Tried the steelies on to see what I could band them:

Old alloys are 8J ET48. Steels are 6.5J ET50. Was thinking about getting them banded 1.5” but may go 2” for the very slightest of stretch. I have about 60mm to play with for the sliding door.

For reference: My tyres are 225/55/17 and the steels in the pic are 205/55/17.

It’s either that or I go 1.5” band and a 12mm spacer for the rears. I refuse to go for staggered as I don’t have a bald head and a long beard like the usual hipsters with no imagination. I feel embarrassed and ****ish enough as it is going for banded steelies.

Sent from a muppet
    Gotta love the steelies, and the Vitos are spot on.

Steelies are defo on my list too...when I raise the cash.

I’d go 1.5”, keeps them nice and subtle.

What colour you going for on them?

Comment

• Just need a garland Tommy & a T4 Forum sticker?

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

• 1.5 on the front, 2 on the back, 215 front, 225 rear.

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post

Didn't see much limp at three figures plus on the M5 earlier, the T5 I left for dead on a north devon link road hill must have been limping....
          With the 0.24's fitted?
          Send me your file and I'll trim out the limp.
          Hows the clutch holding out?

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post

Didn't see much limp at three figures plus on the M5 earlier, the T5 I left for dead on a north devon link road hill must have been limping....
            Hahaha! I need to swap out the 5th gear before I’d be able to do any of that lol

Sent from a muppet
            #vanlife

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
              With the 0.24's fitted?
              Send me your file and I'll trim out the limp.
              Hows the clutch holding out?

Still on the stanas, got to do belts and probably do the injectors then. Clutch seems ok, maybe bedded in a bit?

I only hit limp once every three months or so, it's not a problem I'm concerned about really. I'm wondering if it's something weird related to me running a golf ECU?

Comment

• Had a little hole I’d been meaning to get round to filling:

I cleaned up around it and used a knot wheel to get rid of the factory sealer behind it, stuck a few plates in and then PU sealer on the underneath:

Sent from a muppet
                #vanlife

Comment

• Finally got some paint on the new (months ago) arches.

I did it with rattle cans. It’s totally pointless going for mint on a workhorse but it needs to be presentable. Just got the near side to do now. Going to treat it to new bumpers too whilst I’m at it.

Sent from a muppet
                  #vanlife

Comment

• That don’t look too bad Tommy.

looks presentable enough to me.

Nice work.

Comment

• Just wants a run flatting back then a last coat. Job done.

Sent from a muppet
                      #vanlife

Comment

• New rear bumper arrived today. It’s a smooth one but will be staying black. I’ll order the front to match shortly.

Finally made a start on the new wings:

Rubbed back the satin black transport paint, etch primer, flat off, high build, flat off, first coat of white rattled on. Will flat it off tomorrow night and get another coat on it. In the flesh, the first coat looks brilliant, I clearly went on heavy with it but had no runs and barely any orange peel. Just one fly. Very happy with it myself.

My paint code is R902 - Grey White
                        Paint used - Holts HWHi14

Sent from a muppet
                        Last edited by TommyP; 11 August 2020, 11:22 PM.
                        #vanlife

Comment

• Originally posted by TommyP View Post
                          New rear bumper arrived today. It’s a smooth one but will be staying black. I’ll order the front to match shortly.

Finally made a start on the new wings:

Rubbed back the satin black transport paint, etch primer, flat off, high build, flat off, first coat of white rattled on. Will flat it off tomorrow night and get another coat on it. In the flesh, the first coat looks brilliant, I clearly went on heavy with it but had no runs and barely any orange peel. Just on fly. Very happy with it myself.

My paint code is R902 - Grey White
                          Paint used - Holts HWHi14

Sent from a muppet
                          Looking good Tommy

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

• Temperature has dropped so that’s kind of shafting me for painting.

Van is running pretty damn good in general following the engine swap. Still got a bit of a coolant leak from the sensor housing in the head and also still got a slight leak from no. 1 injector pipe which is annoying me, I’ll try cleaning it one last time before searching for a replacement.

Grunt wise, it’s a bit of a beast and I’m loving it. I realised the other day that I need to preload the boost actuator by about 2-3mm so that explains why it’s not working exactly how I expected it. I’ve got the grey spring in it and it’s starting to open at about 12psi rather than the 15psi it shows on the table. I’ll take a look this weekend at some point as I want it to make 14psi straight away and not 12 then building to 14.

The turbo itself is a little trooper, it builds boost very early compared to before and starts boosting just off idle. At a guess I’d say I’m getting 8psi at about 1500rpm which feels very strong and then spiking savagely at around 2000rpm or so and pulling hard and cleanly up to erm.... quite high?

SMF and 220mm clutch is taking it very well. Absolutely no concerns here.

I’ve been pushing on the exterior before we loose the weather to do it. I’ve got a new rear bumper and I’ll clean up and paint the towbar bracket whilst it’s off to change the bumper. New set of the same style LED lights to go on following me busting one ages ago.

For a long time now I’ve thought the front bumper isn’t deep enough and looked a bit wrong so I’ve ordered a VR6 front splitter. Yes yes yes, it’s very scene but bollocks to the scene, I just think it looks well on it, others available didn’t suit the van, Toyota Corolla etc.

Sent from a muppet
                            #vanlife

Comment

• Who was this? Hahahahahahahaha!

I love it!

I first thought of Reg but it hasn’t got a cock drawn on it anywhere so it can’t have been him. Jumbungla and his 3d printer?

Let me know where the thanks need to be sent. Lol

Sent from a muppet
                              #vanlife

Comment

• It’s like someone knew I’ve just taken off my transporter badge hahaha.

Sent from a muppet
                                #vanlife

Comment

Working...
                                X