The Caveman Chronicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TommyP View Post

You’re welcome Reg. Rob, what did he say?

Sent from a muppet
    Sorry TommyP I wasn't listening - was it important?

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
      Sorry TommyP I wasn't listening - was it important?
      Is it ever?

Tommy, you are not alone, I was cleaning the block up earlier for paint

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200627_221312[1].jpg
Views:	216
Size:	235.7 KB
ID:	303180

D5353T Volvo casting marks in an AJT block.

Comment

• Ah sweet. I’m not bothered either way. It’ll do what I need it to do.

I’ve got engine paint for mine but I’m not sure I can be arsed. It’s only gonna get shagged up filthy within a few weeks on site anyway and if use the black (we’re still allowed to call it that) then it’ll only make find the inevitable oil leaks more difficult.

I remember a 3.5 V8 supercharger mk4 Cortina on the front cover of street machine mag years ago with the title “looks like shit, goes like stink” I’ll just go with that mantra
        #vanlife

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post

D5353T Volvo casting marks in an AJT block.
          5353? Wow, yours must be safe for 500bhp in stock form.

This must be down to the age related eyesight issues you’ve been talking about.

Sent from a muppet
          #vanlife

Comment

• Originally posted by TommyP View Post
            5353? Wow, yours must be safe for 500bhp in stock form.
            Fuck, spent the day shjuttering and concreting in drains, am fucked.

Done all the beers in the house, am now on pimms and watching sleaford mods at glastonbury and getting fucking angry you ****s....

and yes I spotted the j in shuttering but left it in for effect

Comment

• Did the last 2 tightening stages on the head bolts. It was the same as OEM. No further progress as I’m waiting for the block gasket/seal sets.

Sent from a muppet
              #vanlife

Comment

• Would make sense that the castings for the block would be common. Why set up 2 different production lines for vag and Volvo?

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk

Comment

• On the Volvo D24TIC course back in the early 90's they said it was purely a Vdub motor, don't try to deny it to the customer cause it was stamped all over it. Perhaps there was more of a dual development with the later one and perhaps Volvo didn't just but it from Germany.

Comment

• Either way, I like these lumps. Probably one of the last Diesel engines with a bit of character.

Sent from a muppet
                    #vanlife

Comment

• The old 2.4td is starting to overtake me with the amount it’s drinking. I find it hard to believe it’s burning through over a litre a day so I better start looking for a leak to keep it going for a couple weeks longer. Took a quick look and couldn’t see anything but I can smell it outside. Probably out the exhaust lol

Sent from a muppet
                      #vanlife

Comment

• Best get that 2.5 ready for the big transplant. It might come sooner than you planned???

Comment

• I got the clark 160 turbo and i should have a 16amp plug, and a 16 amp socket in to a 13 amp household socket. No problem on first settings, on full blast the fuse in the plug went, but full blast is for fireworks, not t4s

Sent from my SM-T810 using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by Hans View Post
                            I got the clark 160 turbo and i should have a 16amp plug, and a 16 amp socket in to a 13 amp household socket. No problem on first settings, on full blast the fuse in the plug went, but full blast is for fireworks, not t4s

Fireworks? Most people have fireworks made out of bog roll tubes but not you Andreas. I guess you’re referring to the V2 rocket?

You can take the man out of Germany.......

I’ll be roasted when the GLM movement arrives.

Sent from a muppet
                            #vanlife

Comment

• V2. V6 isn't that all the same? And yes u are banned from Germany for your own safety

Comment

• Originally posted by Hans View Post
                                V2. V6 isn't that all the same? And yes u are banned from Germany for your own safety

Haha!

Sent from a muppet
                                #vanlife

Comment

Working...
                                X