• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
    Based in Derby.
    Messaged you

Comment

• Vans back home - new clutch, gear linkage throughout, replacement box, new power steering pump. Gears change as if it were new - a bit of a revelation. So, wings to adjust and a lick of paint and the bodywork will be....... done!
      Last edited by mike_skinner; 15 July 2020, 08:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mike_skinner View Post
        Vans back home - new clutch, gear linkage throughout, replacement box, new power steering pump. Gears change as if it were new - a bit of a revelation. So, wings to adjust and a lick of paint and the bodywork will be....... done!
        Great news, must be a relief and finally the drive you expected. Did you get the 5th gear mod done at the same time?

Comment

• Nope - couldn’t afford it. I do have two spare boxes though to take a close look at if I decide to do it later on. It’s a box in situ mod isn’t it?
          I’m not that fussed about it though as it’s quite happy to sit at 60 all day and it’s a revelation to be able to change down!
          looking at it again if looks like the wings need a slight rotate to line up properly - as Hans says, “more fucking about”. If it’s a pig and the pattern panels are a nightmare then I’ll paint the front black and forget about it

Comment

• Some advice needed on sliding door channels...
            the top rail looks quite crusty - I had the bottom patched up ages ago but now it looks like the rail for the top rollers is going - slam the door and the rollers pop out. I’m unsure how to tackle it, it looks like it needs a new bit of rail welded in but can this be done from the top by cutting a hole on the inside step to access or is it a drop the tank and go in from the end? I’m loath to do the second way but has anyone else had similar and come up with a nifty fix? There’s someone in the north east that does a whole sliding door step repair but am skint after the gearbox shenanigans (Facebook groups reckon on £750+++ for this). Pic shows the area so if you have a tidy one for reference then please post!
            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• I replaced the roller channel in Mols blue one. If i'd welded from above I wouldn't have got the door/rollers on.

Comment

• Think I've figured out a fix to the roller lip - going to try to weld on an extra strip to keep the rollers in place when the door is shut, and shape it so can weld up without needing to make cuts... see how it goes

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	D9E02985-80A5-4C4F-BA38-1FDEAB6E6D06.jpeg
Views:	170
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	309269 Sorted - made up a repair strip from some 10x2 and tacked it in - top lip repair stops the roller pulling out of the channel. Also added a repair patch to level up the bottom of the channel - a previous repair meant the weight bearing roller could drop a couple of mm meaning the rollers could also pull out. New roller fitted then adjust tomorrow. It won’t win any beauty contests but then neither would I and the door wont drop off. Click image for larger version

Name:	39401CC0-6E51-4BF3-B2D5-B2858A42985F.jpeg
Views:	168
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	309268

Comment

• Your keeping it on the road that's the main thing.Some of you folk on here have come up with some great solutions to some of the T4 owning ongoing problems/faults. Keep it coming Mike.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                      Your keeping it on the road that's the main thing.Some of you folk on here have come up with some great solutions to some of the T4 owning ongoing problems/faults. Keep it coming Mike.
                      Yep, thats the plan - a neighbour wandered up for a look while i was on with it, talking about buying a van for 10k and then spending another 10k converting it - said if that’s what you wanna do then go for it. I dont get that though, you are throwing money away - you could have a cheap night out and change for breakfast for my conversion. I might try to finish the paint tomorrow if i can stretch to another 1” brush.
                      Last edited by mike_skinner; 30 August 2020, 08:31 PM.

Comment

• Nothing to see here except a leaky windscreen (at the top edge) - o for a warm, indoor workspace as that feels like the next crust-fest

Comment

• MOT - back brake balance adjust and no advisories - sweet!!

Comment

• Nice one, happy vanning.

Comment

• Originally posted by mike_skinner View Post
                              MOT - back brake balance adjust and no advisories - sweet!!
                              Nice 1 Mike. Im working down your neck of woods loads just now. Jedburgh, hawick, Selkirk

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

• Nice one Fife!

LED headlight bulb upgrade - flippin amazing can see into the future. But are they legal? Straight swap
                                https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224230155062

Comment

Working...
                                X