Northumberland Nato Green Pig 1995

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hans View Post
    Yes mate. I am not to happy neither, but the main thing is the rust is gone and hopefully more years off quality camping/meeting to come.
    Off course you could always employ a body shop to do it for u , but if i had to go for everything to a garage the van would be unaffordable for me.
    So rather a bit off imperfection and a good time .
    Still better than scrapyard

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s
    With all of that work documented on here Hans , the vans probably increased in value, not monetary just a stronger love bond. (oodles fluttering heart emoji's)
    Well done though as its set the bar even higher for the rest of us.

Comment

Yes mate. I am not to happy neither, but the main thing is the rust is gone and hopefully more years off quality camping/meeting to come.
      Off course you could always employ a body shop to do it for u , but if i had to go for everything to a garage the van would be unaffordable for me.
      So rather a bit off imperfection and a good time .
      Still better than scrapyard

for imperfection I read "character" - mines 25 so you'd expect it to show signs of life! I gave the pig a stern talking to before I started cutting - respond nicely and I'll not ring the scrap man

Comment

U right, i am to fussed sometimes. I am happy with character, and it's your thread not mine. Sorry

Comment

Good thread to. Enjoying this one no end.

Comment

U right, i am to fussed sometimes. I am happy with character, and it's your thread not mine. Sorry

speak up whenever you feel like bud - slow steps forward, wings this weekend fingers crossed.

just noticed my passenger sill is full of water after all the rain - removed the factory foam but left the vent hole inside the step. Must be a windscreen leak so will bung up the hole after I have figured out how best to dry it out - inner bungs out and hot air gun (...and set timer to see how long it takes for a cavity wax comment). I hate those sills - at least with the rust the water could just drain away!

Comment

Your doing great, keep it coming.
              Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

recent rain has highlighted the rust spots i've missed on the new paint - barn doors to sand back and redo

Rusty paint looming...

Comment

Should be sunshine at this time of the year, not fucking land under

Comment

Mind you, just noticed the second paint tin from the same batch is a slightly different finish - like really matt compared to slightly matt. Hey ho, that’ll be a repaint then - not sure if the budget can stretch to another 1” brush. Spray it with wd40 and find a dusty track more like.

Comment

• Had a flash of inspiration at 3am this morning - gonna patent this one
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	842.7 KB
ID:	301513
                      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

• Spot the deliberate mistake along the way..

fingers crossed I’ve sorted the water leak - put a self tapper into the awning rail and the sealant had failed, reassembled and will see how it bears up second time around. Rain stopped play on the wings, it’s pissed it down
                        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
                        Last edited by mike_skinner; 13 June 2020, 08:23 PM.

Comment

• I used a shaped bit off wood. But yours is better. U selling a licence?

Comment

• U should use filler, not Aldi yoghurt ;-)

Comment

• That's funny for a German! ;-[]

Comment

• Sharp eyes / just spent 24 hours scratching my head at that one Hans - the yoghurt pot is essential garage equipment...

Comment

Working...
                                X