Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T4 project 2

Hi all,

So with my old van stripped and gone. I purchased a new van to swap everything across too. This one is a much better base to start with. As my old one needed so much welding and bodywork to get it to a point i would be happy with, so with this one i thought i would start a build thread.

These are the only pics i have at the moment from when i purchased it.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Looks nice a clean mate

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by damont4 View Post
      Looks nice a clean mate

Thanks mate much better then the last one.;-)

Comment

So made a start today on fitting some of my many parts.

Started with ditching the amber corners for my smoked ones.

Then swapped the steering wheel across along with the gear knob, boost gauge, and the fronts seats.

Then back to the outside with the mirror from a left hooker so they match.Then final finished off with my pp tunning exhuast system

Thats it for today see if i can do few more bit tomorrow.

Attached Files

Comment

Looking good!

You didn't get the other left hooker mirror, I fancy doing the same thing but with the other option of landscape mirrors

Comment

I fancied doka mirrors on ours 60 quid a go from Cali at busfest and they wouldn't throw in a smile to go with them.

Comment

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
              Looking good!

You didn't get the other left hooker mirror, I fancy doing the same thing but with the other option of landscape mirrors
              I didn’t mate i just brought the one from vw heritage. I think it was 30 quid.

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
                I fancied doka mirrors on ours 60 quid a go from Cali at busfest and they wouldn't throw in a smile to go with them.
                They are pricey. I had to have them matching must have a bit of O.C.D lol

Comment

Some say a left hand drive left mirror don't give as good a view down your inside and can be a pain lane changing but I've never tried the view with one fitted.

Comment

I had one fitted to the red dayvan, the view is different but once setup not a problem, the reason I removed it was nobody could walk past the van without knocking the mirror position! Electric mirrors helped but I also ended up replacing the mirror twice then got pissed off and returned to oem.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
                      Some say a left hand drive left mirror don't give as good a view down your inside and can be a pain lane changing but I've never tried the view with one fitted.
                      It does the job mate you can see ok we don’t use the van as a daily or anything so its not really an issue.
                      Last edited by Joely T4; 15 March 2020, 09:45 AM.

Comment

I have the left hooker portrait mirror with a convex mirror, mine are electric and yes it's still a little limited but useable, if you adjust the angle of the mirror on the mount it would be better.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

So i did managed to do some more today mainly on the ride height. So fitted gmax short shocks,5inch springs, limit straps, scarface lowrider mounts, and shortened drop links. Wound the passenger side torsion bar down to find the drivers side has sized solid so I've had to order a replacement one hopefully be able to get it on this week. Pics to follow when it turns up.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	E0356FC3-D9A0-4B89-8AFC-E472E3752139.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	800.0 KB ID:	290663 Here is the pictures after replacing the torsion bar bolt for one that hadn’t seized solid.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Joely T4; 21 March 2020, 03:39 PM.

Comment

That looks spot on mate bet ur well chuffed

Comment

Working...
                              X