No announcement yet.

Caravelle becomes camper (hopefully)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All in all we love our first t4, we did 2200 miles over 3 weeks and the van didnt miss a beat. Couple of niggles like the lack of adjustment on drivers seat and one of the sliding doors dropped but cannot wait to get away again once I've done some more work to it.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

Lovely job. Tidy looking van and rear unit.

Comment

Great stuff, thanks for sharing. Keep it coming.
        Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

There’s a certain amount they can be outside the arch .. I’ve seen far more then yours , mine are about the same

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Lovely job on the van bud.

Gutted to hear about the rim issue and fine..
            Attached Files

Comment

Are you sure the wheels are "illegal"?
              I thought on a UK MOT it's just an advisory? Unless it's catching/fouling the bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                Are you sure the wheels are "illegal"?
                I thought on a UK MOT it's just an advisory? Unless it's catching/fouling the bodywork.
                Yes its only an advisory and only becomes a problem if it affects/restricts suspension and steering. Remember though just because it passes an mot in the uk doesn't necessarily mean its road legal especially when visiting other European countries, Construction and Use Regulations sing from a different hymn sheet.

Comment

Originally posted by Skiddy View Post

Yes its only an advisory and only becomes a problem if it affects/restricts suspension and steering. Remember though just because it passes an mot in the uk doesn't necessarily mean its road legal especially when visiting other European countries, Construction and Use Regulations sing from a different hymn sheet.
                  I wouldn't of thought a Traffic Officer has the powers to assess the legitimacy of a road worthy vehicle without a formal tester,qualification & equipmemt to test it present?

Those Brits in Germany cases a few years ago used a TüV registered mobile workshop to initially identify the issues then impounded for a formal test for the Court process. Their cars were extreme by comparison.

Comment

By Traffic Officer i'm assuming you mean Police Officer. The ones around here will issue you with a VDRS if you are lucky or a fixed penalty notice or a summons to court for things like bald tyres, HID/LED bulbs in halogen headlamps, incorrect font/size of number plate characters and lots of other vehicle related offences (mostly obvious ones) They have nothing to do with testing as in the MOT, they use Construction and Use regulations and their formal qualification is a knowledge of the law!

If on the other hand you meant a DVSA Traffic Officer then thats a whole different ball game and they are best avoided if you are an outlaw!

Comment

Cops be it traffic or otherwise will only be able to find the obvious stuff. There would need to be an operation with Vosa for anything more to be assessed.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by Skiddy View Post
                        By Traffic Officer i'm assuming you mean Police Officer. The ones around here will issue you with a VDRS if you are lucky or a fixed penalty notice or a summons to court for things like bald tyres, HID/LED bulbs in halogen headlamps, incorrect font/size of number plate characters and lots of other vehicle related offences (mostly obvious ones) They have nothing to do with testing as in the MOT, they use Construction and Use regulations and their formal qualification is a knowledge of the law!

If on the other hand you meant a DVSA Traffic Officer then thats a whole different ball game and they are best avoided if you are an outlaw!
                        So if you've received an advisory for your wheels with poke at the time of the MOT, a clean MOT/Insurance and vehicle otherwise and the Law stops you to fine you a fixed penalty for your wheels, where do you stand?

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post

So if you've received an advisory for your wheels with poke at the time of the MOT, a clean MOT/Insurance and vehicle otherwise and the Law stops you to fine you a fixed penalty for your wheels, where do you stand?
                          You get done!

An MOT is a basic safety check, it is a minimum standard, a very low standard and only one up from scrap and not a 12 month guarantee like some folk think. It makes allowance for nearly knackered tyres, corrosion and play in various joints and bushes. A vehicle could scrape through an inspection with everything borderline and soon become unroadworthy.

A successful MOT does not mean the vehicle is legal to drive on the road.

Last year I had a black BMW 330d in, it was mint but the windows were all down and wouldn't go up, the vehicle presenter said he was having problems with the fuses blowing, fair enough and I advised the fact. I'm glad I did because I was later questioned about it. The driver had been stopped with illegally dark tinted windows and was prosecuted, he had said it must be road legal because it passed its MOT.

Virtually every day I see someone outside swapping their number plates on their freshly passed motor, its a £100 fixed penalty if they get caught with illegal plates, the fact it has a valid MOT is no defence just like the poke on someones wheels!

Comment

Sorry Mawa to hear about your ticket in Scotland, they are very keen up there especially anywhere near the NC500 route. Last month my mate got done for doing 55 n a 60 limit in his van.

Sorry also for hijacking your thread.

Comment

Working...
                            X