Caravelle becomes camper (hopefully)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caravelle becomes camper (hopefully)

This is my first T4 and I already love it. We close at work Jan the 2nd for 6 weeks so I need to get it finished asap as we plan to go off somewhere.
    I'd use it as is but the mrs not keen...
    As for spec, I'm going for a rear drawer kitchen unit and storage along the side of the bed. I dont want to block off the windows or doors at all at present, although that might change once we've used it, we'll just see how we get on.
    Only going for 12v electrics at present but may review at a later date again.
    And the wheels, im not sure but the other half likes them...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

I have a couple of other jobs to do aswell. Ignition switch, try and sort the retro fitted electric window mount (its raised slightly and annoys me) fix central locking and fix DAB radio.
    Anyone know what the little wire thing might be behind steering wheel?

Comment

Looks good

Comment

?Wire on the wheel stem..... What steering wheel is fitted? Could be a bodged clock spring to fit the wheel / horn connection? Does the wheel have an airbag fitted?

Comment

Looks decent

Comment

PS - like the seat covering.
            Nice with the red but if it's anything like our camping trips it'll be trashed by muddy boots, oily hands and exasperation from the driver/owner!

Comment

Active8, you could be onto something with the horn suggestion. Will check soon thanks.

Comment

Make sure it isn't the airbag cable, if u got one

Sent from my SM-T810 using Just T4s

Comment

Looks cool, I like a van that can be a van as well as a camper so no help with inside advice. We just have 'velle seats on mushroom bolts. Your wife is right those rims look fine.

Comment

Nice van I’ve seen this on eBay I think I tried to persuade my mate to go for a look.
                    I converted my caravelle, We Absolutey love it

Comment

Wana swap the banded steels?

Comment

Right sorry for massive delay on this! The van was finished ish middle of jan and we did 3 weeks touring Scotland. Anyway back to the build. I bought some mdf panels from ebay. Cheap and ok. They were for a t4 not a caravelle tho so it took some fitting. The hardware wasn't very good so i changed fixings and screws. The whole build was rushed as the other half wanted to go away so I've still got some finishing to do;

Comment

Next up painting. Found the same colour as the roof and wheels and then a grey. Bought a Dometic sink and pump, and then sorted the electrics. Van X curtains, dab radio also added

Comment

The draw at the back worked pretty well! Again used mdf (from b and q) and painted Heavy duty sliders, Dometic grill, portable hob (that we can use inside as well and fits under the rock and roll bed for transport)

Comment

So I need to remove all the doors and tidy things up now i have time but pretty happy so far.
                              I got a £100 fine in Scotland for the illegal number plate, bit harsh but he was going to take the van off the road due to the wheels being illegal too and let me off with a warning so couldve been worse being 750 miles from home! Wheels will be on ebay soon and replaced alloys. They stick out of the arches being the issue, see photo;

Comment

Working...
                              X