Buddy the bus build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
    leaking spindle normally does not cause running issues but may affect starting.

You repairing the spindle - I have a guide and the parts if you need them.
    Oo have you? I fancied giving it a go. Can you do it in situ? Also what do I do about the timing again? It was an ass to start.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Just T4s

Comment

• I took the pump off to do ours in the summer. There are some pictures on my "Old Hat" build thread.

Comment

• May do that then. I also got an issue with the vacuum hoses. I forgot where they go. I put them on the engine section if someone could take a gander that would be appreciated

Comment

• Reg does the throttle seals in situ. Having not done one I took ours off to be sure nothing fell inside the pump. 35 odd years in the trade and still learning.

Comment

• Do it in situ - no need to replace the cambelt or re-set the timing.

The only tricky bit is hooking up the spring inside the pump and getting the lever back on the spline in the right place. Takes me about an hour to do it (including governor modding whilst I'm in the pump ), but I've had a bit of practice at doing them.

Comment

Do it in situ - no need to replace the cambelt or re-set the timing.

The only tricky bit is hooking up the spring inside the pump and getting the lever back on the spline in the right place. Takes me about an hour to do it (including governor modding whilst I'm in the pump ), but I've had a bit of practice at doing them.
              How far away are you from me reg lol

Comment

• Right after 6 months a bit of a update. I have just brought a Octavia with a alh engine. Now queue the abuse that the sump is different and water pump etc etc. And possibly the clocks. The engine has only got 100 thou on the clock. The fabrication side of things I can deal with. The wiring I can manage more than some in my own pace. I have just been a lazy tosser to not want to do it but with Mrs b and my five year old son chewing my ear off because they want to go out means it will happen. How long it will take? Dunno

Comment

• Fair enough dude , sounds like you’ve the skills so I hope it goes well for you , will be watching 🤙

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

• i just need to get stuck in then i will learn. that's what i seem to have to do at work. went from being a general farm worker 2 years ago to a factory to do machine setting then ended up accidently turning into a.... i cant say I'm an maintenance engineer because i haven't got years of experience so i call my self a trainee maintenance engineer but the amount of shit i have learnt due to there not being another maintenance engineer there so i have had to learn a bit from my boss but he's just mental when it come to electrics (not in a good way) but also various mechanical stuff i have had to learn so yeah. only difference with this is if i screw it up i got to pay for it lol.

Comment

• i was just browsing the web and apparently the axb t5 sump and oil pick up works with these engines as long as you shave a bit of alloy off the gear box end so i need to double check this but looking at photos it looks about right i take it t5s have the same engine angle as the t4

Comment

• Right guys made a start to conversion this afternoon. Stripped and labelled the engine side of the loom and started looking at disconnecting the loom from the fuse box. Is there any diagrams of what's what on the fuse box just to be a bit more informative.

Comment

• The loom to fusebox connections are 100% polarised - they only fit in one position.

It's CE2 electrics, common across virtually all dubs of the 90s

stuff here or google for CE2 fusebox

Comment

The loom to fusebox connections are 100% polarised - they only fit in one position.

It's CE2 electrics, common across virtually all dubs of the 90s

stuff here or google for CE2 fusebox
                            Nice one thanks reg!

Comment

• Engine out!

Comment

• Labelled up some stuff on the skoda tonight. Also took sump off the t4 motor etc and gear box

Comment

Working...
                                X