Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T4 : Battle Across Time (2010 to present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was lucky as both my turbos fitted fine. K16 is a touch close but not enough to warrant getting the hammer out to adjust the bulkhead.

Is it definitely backwards that the engine pulls when accelerating? I ask as my first exhaust and turbo combo caused the exhaust to knock on the bottom when nailing it in reverse. I could be wrong though as it’s been a while. My memory is shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
    #vanlife

Comment

• How about the Volvo exhaust mani?

#vanlife

Comment

• Originally posted by TommyP View Post
        How about the Volvo exhaust mani?

I've got a couple of options TP, the Volvo manifold is one.
        I'll have a play over the weekend. I'm not keen on adjusting the bulkhead and to have the turbo sitting higher might suit the install,DP and pipework routing better.
        The compressor housing has an 80mm inlet so again free access and routing to it would be easier to pipe up.

Comment

• Went over to a mates 1st thing, and worringly he had this on the table!

Comment

• Thats the bible we should all be following.

Comment

• Thats cool. I love the vans from that era.
              Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• Between the torrents of heaven sent H2O I managed to trial fit some of the OEM plastics before funking (typo?) up the ambience with LED's etc.

A 50mm hole bored out but needing some tight Dremmelling for a boost or vacuum gauge fitting, the other panel covered a shite speaker which I've removed. Could fit four gauges across the OEM centre panel but I'm procrastinating over what to fit, if any. At least it doesn't bugger up the dash panels if I change my mind at some later date. The plan is to install the USB-C & QC socket here too.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Just T4s

Comment

• Big thanks to TP for his old DXZ 02B gearbox, now that he's almost completed the upgrade to 02G plus an additional tip of the hat for throwing in the EWB gear set to make it good - "stripped and destroyed" (TP's description), the DXZs' 5th is non existent, having been distributed in fragments around the casing to get his works T4 home.

It's a learning challenge for me, hopefully one I can document here to offer others the confidence to have a go to. Its my journey, and I'm not going to turn to the Internet for someone else's guide.

Proportionally I wonder how many of us are running 02B's vs 02G's?

Comment

• “Almost completed” PAH!!

#vanlife

Comment

• It's in a place only YOU could get it to TP!

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                        It's in a place only YOU could get it to TP!

What, deep in the shit? Damn straight.

#vanlife

Comment

• A must whilst hanging around Derby Dance Centre is something to read. The lad enjoys a couple of classes here Tae- Kwondo & Modern Dance apparently they compliment each and a lot of the girls he fancies do both.

This evenings entertainment comes in the form of a Manual Transmission Overhaul Type 02A, 1998 VW Passat (20 pages) with a bucket of Cappuchino with Soy Milk (as recommended by the Cafés Staff (apparently it makes a better froth)).

I'll post a link here for the Article in due course.

Anyone got anything specific to the 02B gearbox? I think TP found this on his Internet travels during his "destroy 02B's phase and "early man" power journey.

Before I start tinkering with things I know nothing about I'm going to get a local quote for rebuilding the 02B to put a stick in the financial ground, to assess whether its worth attempting as a cog & shaft newbie.

Having read the Article twice, I'm instilled with feelings of confidence tbh. The Article does NOT list part numbers but helpfully names all the components across 12 or so diagrams. I'll add a full parts listing to the Article for ease of navigating any purchases.

Handily, the Article includes several simple walk-throughs of what you should be looking for and at, the torque specs, guides for shaft preloads, shims and DTI diagrams to bring it all to spec.

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                            A must whilst hanging around Derby Dance Centre is something to read. The lad enjoys a couple of classes here Tae- Kwondo & Modern Dance apparently they compliment each and a lot of the girls he fancies do both.

This evenings entertainment comes in the form of a Manual Transmission Overhaul Type 02A, 1998 VW Passat (20 pages) with a bucket of Cappuchino with Soy Milk (as recommended by the Cafés Staff (apparently it makes a better froth)).

I'll post a link here for the Article in due course.

Anyone got anything specific to the 02B gearbox? I think TP found this on his Internet travels during his "destroy 02B's phase and "early man" power journey.

Before I start tinkering with things I know nothing about I'm going to get a local quote for rebuilding the 02B to put a stick in the financial ground, to assess whether its worth attempting as a cog & shaft newbie.

Having read the Article twice, I'm instilled with feelings of confidence tbh. The Article does NOT list part numbers but helpfully names all the components across 12 or so diagrams. I'll add a full parts listing to the Article for ease of navigating any purchases.

Handily, the Article includes several simple walk-throughs of what you should be looking for and at, the torque specs, guides for shaft preloads, shims and DTI diagrams to bring it all to spec.

That 02a guide i sent you is all you’ll need. There’s nothing specific out there to the 02b but as it’s just an 02a with a stronger* diff, the will cover the whole job and you won’t need anything more. Go for Timken bearings.

Your best bet is to fit all the gears from the EWB and keep the other diff and output shaft as the EWB ones are fucked. Change the rivets in the diff for bolts if you intend to run or sell it in future as there a common failure point**, there’s kits available online.

*”stronger” - there’s a fucking laugh
                            ** one of many many weak points

#vanlife

Comment

• A-Plan Renewal received this morning, £343 fully comp with 7 years NCB, £250 excess. Increased the value from £5000 to £8000 as a day and with 6000 annual mileage.
                              Always a great service, easy chatter and happy to list infinitum any mods you make to the van, such as mapping, brakes. engine and gearbox mods, alloys & tyres. lights, roof bars, spoilers., aircon, towbars, leather seats e/w, central remote locking heated seats, fog or driving lights .
                              Last edited by Activ8; 22 December 2021, 02:42 PM.

Comment

• Received my Renewal Docs today from A-Plan, found a couple of interesting Sections In the Motor Legal Expenses Summary under whats insured;

Section 4 covers Vehicle Servicing and Repair Disputes
                                Costs to pursue or defend civil legal action relating to testing, servicing, or repair of the insured vehicle. Between £100 and £10k. HANDY.
                                Section 8 covers Pothole Damage
                                Costs incurred in pursuing a relevant local authority for damage caused by to an insured vehicle on a Public Highway as a consequence of a pot hole.
                                Section 13 covers Vehicle Identity Theft
                                Lastly
                                Free Legal advice and assistance.

Comment

Working...
                                X