Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T4 : Battle Across Time (2010 to present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATP Turbo Adaptor 4 bolt 2.5" to 3" V band adaptor. The K24 turbo to dp studs are M10 x 53 the adaptor requires M10/M8 x 30, Fruitbat / Kev has kindly offered to machine an M10 to M8 adaptor stud for me. Cheers Kev. [emoji106]
    Last edited by Activ8; 25 July 2019, 05:32 PM.

Comment

• M10 would typically be 1.5 pitch but it could be M10 fine

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
        M10 would typically be 1.5 pitch but it could be M10 fine
        I've got no pitch gauges or known m10 nuts.

New M10 x 53 stud.
        Last edited by Activ8; 25 July 2019, 05:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
          I've got no pitch gauges or known m10 nuts.

New M10 x 53 stud.
          Looking at the pic it’s hard to tell , I’ll buy you a thread gauge Rob, measure the pitch of the thread Rob starting with a whole number .

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post
            Looking at the pic it’s hard to tell , I’ll buy you a thread gauge Rob, measure the pitch of the thread Rob starting with a whole number .
            Cheers Kev. I reckon it's M10x1.5 as theres 6 & a bit threads over the RH 10mm.

Comment

• 4 studs I made for Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post

4 studs I made for Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                Cheers Kev.
                Great picture too. Loving the work bench surface. Great backdrop for steel.

Comment

• What are those for?

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                    What are those for?
                    Adaptor studs for the 3" V band down pipe adaptor. [emoji106]

Comment

• Thanks Kev, studs & sticker received this morning. [emoji108]

Comment

• I received my manifold wastegate adaptor today.

Comment

• Couldn't put this off any longer, forecast good all day, so after prepping tea tonight , buttered chicken, naan and rice, made a loaf, did some gardening for the Mrs I got started on the passenger side.

I awoke this morning dreaming the worse case, grinding away and the side falls away like those high top cliffs falling away into the sea....

Thirty minutes with the knotted wheel on the grinder (safety cover removed for access) I was pleasantly surprised at how solid it all was. Unfortunately the rust had got under the clear cill guards I'd put on years ago.

Removed the passenger step all three of the white trim fixings were broken and brittle. All be it for a little scab on the door seal edge it was good and solid just needed a hoover and a wipe over. Fuel flap has just started to bubble - new 3 years ago - off that came to reveal.more solid bodywork but for the odd scab. Knotted wheel soon deals with scabs. Typical - Mrs needs hrlp with gettng compost bags from the shops , great timing as usual. Quick text exchange with Kev Fruitbat about the pin hole at the rear of the step - it's a drain we think and cracked on.

Just as I started on the 2nd finer course of wet and dry (180 then 400) the rain started to fall - just my luck . Decided to reveal the white van to the fuel filler and prep downwards and then left around the cill. Heavens just opened up, fuck it .... brew time and a chance to scrub the fuel filler seal. Noted it needs a tube adding to take any spillage below the cill line. Now hanging around waiting for the rain to stop.

Last edited by Activ8; 3 August 2019, 07:05 PM.

Comment

• That turned out not too bad. What u doing now? Rattle can?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by Hans View Post
                              That turned out not too bad. What u doing now? Rattle can?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s
                              Got BH Electrox to spray the bare metal with, then some primer and rattle can finish before starting on the drivers side.

I made the mistake of looking "around" and all four arches need doing a host of paintwork improvements to long to list here. Ah well, it's nearly less crappy than before!
                              Last edited by Activ8; 3 August 2019, 08:10 PM.

Comment

• Typical. Weather is looking poor although dry at the moment. So next stages.... read tins!

Bilt Hamber Electrox requires 2 coats the second applied between 2 and 3 hours but then must be left to cure for 96 hours before applying any surface coats and top coats so Thursday. According to the tin (haven't read the tech spec) it can be left exposed as a standalone finish.

So apply today, primer & paint Thursday!

Comment

Working...
                                X