Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T4 : Battle Across Time (2010 to present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lots of the factors by me supply stuff you haven't heard of at high prices with surcharges. If you can wait/shop around you can get a deal.

Comment

• Yep , chase a deal down.
      Next brake upgrade.

Comment

• Keep me posted on the brake upgrade rob. I've got to do my front brakes at some point so thinking of putting larger discs and calipers on instead of a standard replace,ment, but just don't know if it's a simple case of just putting on larger calipers or if you have to start chopping and drilling stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by frenchdna View Post
          Keep me posted on the brake upgrade rob. I've got to do my front brakes at some point so thinking of putting larger discs and calipers on instead of a standard replace,ment, but just don't know if it's a simple case of just putting on larger calipers or if you have to start chopping and drilling stuff.
          Whats fitted currently?
          Solid front disks 282mmx18mm?

Comment

• Yes I think so. The standard non vented brakes. Thought they were 280 mm but if you say 282nn then fair enough.

Comment

• [ATTACH=CONFIG]11254[/ATTAC

I’ve got these callipers on mine. They’re just standard. I’ve heard the vw Sharan ones will fit, take 300mm disks and are more readily available and roughly the same price as the standard???
              Attached Files

Comment

• Jez - What size is the master cylinder on the 2.4D? 23mm or 25.4mm?

Comment

• Not sure...I’ll have to check tomorrow cause I’m not going to be home in good time tonight. I’ll let you know.

Comment

• Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided Brake Hoses get a good write-up, firming up the pedal and brake feel for T4 drivers, thanks to Reg for pointing me in this direction, here's the info for other prospective up graders;

Goodridge-Application-Car-Guide.pdf
                    ZINC Plated Fittings
                    Transporter 4 1985 - 1991 SVW1003-4P SVW1003-4P-CF (Four pieces)
                    Transporter 4 1991 - 1995 SVW1002-4P SVW1002-4P-CF (Four pieces)
                    Transporter 4 (with pad wear indicators) 1996 - 2003 SVW1002-6P SVW1002-6P-CF (Six pieces)
                    Transporter 4 (without pad wear indicators) 1996 - 2003 SVW1008-6P SVW1008-6P-CF (Six pieces)

STAINLESS Fitting
                    Transporter 4 1985 - 1991 SVW1003-4C SVW1003-4C-CF (Four pieces)
                    Transporter 4 1991 - 1995 SV W1002-4C SVW1002-4C-CF (Four pieces)
                    Transporter 4 (with pad wear indicators) 1996 - 2003 SVW1002-6C SVW1002-6C-CF (Six pieces)
                    Transporter 4 (without pad wear indicators) 1996 - 2003 SVW1008-6C SVW1008-6C-CF (Six pieces)

Click image for larger version

Name:	VW_T4_Goodridge_Hose_info.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	266337

Got to track down some pricing now...
                    Check the descriptions if you do look as there’s a zinc plating fitting hose and a stainless fitting hose. About £5 difference as I'm looking online (eBay) £114.80 & £119.80 respectively.
                    Last edited by Activ8; 29 January 2019, 05:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                      Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided Brake Hoses get a good write-up, firming up the pedal and brake feel for T4 drivers, thanks to Reg for pointing me in this direction, here's the info for other propsective upgraders;

Goodridge-Application-Car-Guide.pdf

Transporter 4 1985 - 1991 SVW1003-4P SVW1003-4P-CF (Four pieces)
                      Transporter 4 1991 - 1995 SVW1002-4P SVW1002-4P-CF (Four pieces)
                      Transporter 4 (with pad wear indicators) 1996 - 2003 SVW1002-6P SVW1002-6P-CF (Six pieces)
                      Transporter 4 (without pad wear indicators) 1996 - 2003 SVW1008-6P SVW1008-6P-CF (Six pieces)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11255[/ATTACH]

Got to track down some pricing now...
                      Surely the transporter 4 1985-1991 was a t25??

Sent from the Midlands by pigeon

Comment

• Would be a good idea though

Comment

• Originally posted by rjhoy02 View Post
                          Surely the transporter 4 1985-1991 was a t25??

Taken from the catalogue Roy.
                          Expensive for a set of short hoses though.

Comment

• Originally posted by frenchdna View Post
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]11254[/ATTAC

I’ve got these callipers on mine. They’re just standard. I’ve heard the vw Sharan ones will fit, take 300mm disks and are more readily available and roughly the same price as the standard???
                            I think the Sharan VR6 are the same as the VR6 T4 Hans got replacement calipers for his that were actually Sharan VR6. If they are a straight bolt on to other T4 models would be a cracking way of upgrading with bigger discs.

Comment

• That's right the 300mm would be a straight swap but designed to work with the larger 25.4mm master cylinder on the T4. The 1.9 T5's however run a 23mm MC with the same caliper but have an ABS circuit....

Comment

• Not being one to shy away from looking at the options rather than buying , I'm posting the dimensions for getting the 6 brake lines made up ;
                                Note these dims are taken from and for my 2001 AJT . I believe these are common sizes with no exceptions, but please advise if you know different.

Dimensions in mm unless stated
                                Front , the connections are M10 x 1 x 370 length and qty 2 are required,
                                Rear, the connections are M10 x 1 x 160 length and qty 4 are required,
                                FYI The original brake line is 4.75 x 0.7

This should be enough for getting a quote to get them made up or for making your own up.
                                Made a quick call locally and got a ball park figure for all 6 hoses of £106.42 in clear coated red stainless / stainless fittings with a lifetime guarantee.

An alternative I found on the .Net were Black Diamond, braided stainless steel
                                Black Diamond Hoses
                                T4 Transporter All models 91-95 4x DHK605 Demon Tweeks £60.08 incl £0.00 for standard delivery, £64.89 eBay
                                T4 Transporter All models 96-03 6x DHK604 Demon Tweeks £85.91 incl £0.00 for standard delivery, £88.92 eBay

I've not pulled the trigger yet.
                                An off the shelf Chinesium hose 390mm with M10 banjos can be found for £6--£10 so theres better deals out there IMHO.

Comment

Working...
                                X