Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T4 : Battle Across Time (2010 to present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Message from the 130Ah Battery Seller was "The CCA is in excess of 900.
    I am positive you will be most impressed with this battery's performance."

The other 130Ah adverts advise a CCA of 1050.

Just looked for a quick guide on CCA and engine requirements. There's no correlation between CCA (Cold Cranking Amps) to Ah but a guide is to multiply the Ah or divide the CCA by 7.25 to give you the other figure and as a minimum buy a battery that has 2 CCA per engine cubic inch. Thats 300 CCA for a 2.5L engine. Need to read up on leisure battery specs. The Seller has offered to hold my order until the New Year.
    Last edited by Activ8; 30 December 2019, 06:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
      Message from the 130Ah Battery Seller was "The CCA is in excess of 900.
      I am positive you will be most impressed with this battery's performance."

The other 130Ah adverts advise a CCA of 1050.

Just looked for a quick guide on CCA and engine requirements. There's no correlation between CCA (Cold Cranking Amps) to Ah but a guide is to multiply the Ah or divide the CCA by 7.25 to give you the other figure and as a minimum buy a battery that has 2 CCA per engine cubic inch. Thats 300 CCA for a 2.5L engine. Need to read up on leisure battery specs. The Seller has offered to hold my order until the New Year.
      I thought leisure batteries had a very low CCA due to their construction which also allows deep discharge? Pretty sure that aint a proper leisure battery with that high a CCA figure....

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post

I thought leisure batteries had a very low CCA due to their construction which also allows deep discharge? Pretty sure that aint a proper leisure battery with that high a CCA figure....
        Could be a marine battery.
        Marine batterys are adequate at both

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

• Here's a free downloadable guide to leisure batteries
          Leisure Battery

Last edited by Activ8; 2 January 2020, 09:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
            Here's a free downloadable guide to leisure batteries
            Leisure Battery
            So - pretty much exactly what I said - leisure batteries do not have high CCA capacity.

Comment

• Checked some clutch calcs Friday, min and max with a 228mm organic clutch (based on the SRE organic plate).
              Minimum 558Nm = 412ft lb , typical car lining pressure - assumes 1N/mm2
              Maximum 1116Nm = 823ft lb, typical car lining pressure - assumes 2N/mm2
              The sintered plate has a coefficient of friction of 0.4 raising these figures by 60% plus the 228mm friction paddles are slightly larger.

Clutch Torque Conversion Sachs 228mm dry organic MIN
              Clutch Torque Conversion Sachs 228mm dry organic MAX
              Clutch Material Information
              Last edited by Activ8; 23 January 2020, 12:51 AM.

Comment

• Tyre Info Dump , JIC I ever review and want that all terrain / swamper look;
                Walmart.com Browse General Tyres

Comment

• Fitting kit & another pump just turned up for the Eberspächer testing and fit.

Comment

• Nipped (.....3hrs later) in to see Colin01332 this morning and came away with this freebie , donated to him by one of the neighbours & surplus to his requirements..... an old pillar drill too coming my way in the Spring! Chuffed....
                    Last edited by Activ8; 6 February 2020, 07:04 PM.

Comment

• Is it plug and play or need wired in?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

• Decent welder, I used the same one on the rastra,,30 years ago. Will you be getting a roll of stainless wire too.

Comment

• It's fitted with a single phase 13A style 3pin plug although I need to download and read a manual. It's 20A to 150A 60%DC with 6 settings (been on the welding forum - which is one of the best sites I've ever navigated across - absolute clarity with the 2 hours last night! Cheers Reg ;-).

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                            Decent welder, I used the same one on the rastra,,30 years ago. Will you be getting a roll of stainless wire too.
                            Cheers thats reassuring Reg as Ive found conflicting reviews. SS wire installed and included in the bundle from Colin. We just unravelled a section and checked the feed, need some gas and look at upgrading to a larger bottle. Its pretty tidy and seen little use by all accounts but I want to clean it up and check it all over. Any advice welcomed.

What sort of "space" do I need around me to work in safely - asking as my garage is rammed. I blame myself - allowing a freezer in man cave1.

Found the 12 page instructions online for this model and another 35 page guide for the slightly younger rotary switch power version. So need to think about a "training plan" next and then the difficult task will be to find some "projects".....

Comment

• You can weld in quite a small space get remove flammable objects. I've had to crawl into some pretty small space to carry out a repair.But you dont want to be where all the air can be replaced by inert gas I know a couple a people that have almost gassed their selves in pits.

Comment

• Picked this up this morning. It's the rear diffuser from an 09 Nissan Qasqai (?) , which I found locally, new & still wrapped and sealed, guy took a tenner. Need to have a play from behind and a tickle underneath to see if it's usable as a simple T4 diffuser.

Comment

Working...
                                X