Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T4 : Battle Across Time (2010 to present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
    [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
    I like the TT, back, sack & crack anyone?
    I'll get me sander!

PS : I only cleaned them because Kev made a comment last August!
    Haha , it’s only taken you just over a year to clean them , I’ve found Autoglym Magma really good for cleaning alloy wheels and it can be used on bodywork too , then use a sealing wax on the alloy wheels .

I’ve never really bothered with sealing waxes until now , it makes a big difference in the time and effort to keep the alloys clean , the brake dust just washes off with a hose pipe , no more baked on brake dust .

Stop press * Next August 2020 Rob will be adding some top coat to the Electrolux *

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post
      Haha , it’s only taken you just over a year to clean them , I’ve found Autoglym Magma really good for cleaning alloy wheels and it can be used on bodywork too , then use a sealing wax on the alloy wheels .

I’ve never really bothered with sealing waxes until now , it makes a big difference in the time and effort to keep the alloys clean , the brake dust just washes off with a hose pipe , no more baked on brake dust .

Stop press * Next August 2020 Rob will be adding some top coat to the Electrolux *
      Thanks Kev, I've now ran out of my 20 year old Simonz Wash & Wax [emoji17] & looking for a recommendation. I'm putting new rims on for next year so they 'might' get cleaned more than once!

I'm conducting my own long term test on the Electrox, but only to see if I can fight off my OCD's. I'm not very confident over painting mainly because I never really achieve the finish I'd expect (the one where you see the depth of detail in the reflection) - it's a long learning curve - a lot more prep practice is required never mind the paint skills to reach a 'standard'!

Comment

• The "old'un" mate popped in and dropped off the latest Boot Fair Gifts & trinkets today..... amongst said gifts was an Artists Book of the Falklands War, The Air Pilots Manual - Flying Training 1, How To Fly A Light Aircraft and my fave The 1969 Readers Digest AA Book of the Road..... they don't make them like this anymore!
        Some cracking extracts, here's a few that had us both in giggles.....

Chapter Heading "Defensive Driving" - the section includes guidance on heel-and-toe changing, double declutching, straightening out the bends, perils at closing time, fear the worst ..... [emoji23]

Chapter Heading "Driving with Children" - the section includes the golden rule "Don't Interfere with the Driver"... [emoji23]

Chapter Heading "Your Car Explained" - a lovely detailed overview of how the car works, REAL engineering explanations. Lovely.

Chapter Heading "Cars of the Past". Five pages with the 5 images per page and an overview of each motor. Lovely. Examples Fiat 500 1936 £120 with 13bhp @ 4000rpm 570cc / Morris Eight Saloon 1935 £132 & 10s.... 22.5bhp @ 3800 rpm 918cc! Fabulous.

Chapter Heading "Clues to Weather" , this section invaluable , explaining the Beaufort Scale , weather map symbols, air mass reaching the British Isles. What clouds mean......

And a Chapter (my favourite) Roadside Recognition .... sections on mushrooms & toadstools , pebbles on the beach, reptiles, social history and much much more .... ITS BRILLIANT.

It's made my day. If you see one buy it and be amazed. Pictures to follow.

Last edited by Activ8; 7 October 2019, 01:24 AM.

Comment

• Still chuckling over my 1969 AA Book of the Road (they don't make them like this anymore) thought I'd share some chuckles...

Law & The Motorist - Horns
          Horns may not be sounded when a vehicle is stationary on a road, nor when it is travelling between 11.30pm & 7.30am on a road subject to a speed limit. The use of a gong, bell or siren or of alternating two-tone horns is prohibited.

Law & The Motorist - Caravans
          A caravan must not be towed at more than 40mph .....

Law & The Motorist - Parking
          There is no right to park on the public highway except at an authorized parking place. This rule applies equally to residents who are entitled only to common law rights of access.

Defensive Driving Fear the Worst
          Be on your guard when travelling in company with cars which offer clues about their drivers' thoughtlessness. If a car has stickers on its windows or trinkets dangling down the windscreen or rear windows, it's owner does not have the clear vision that is vital to safe driving. [emoji6][emoji23]
          Last edited by Activ8; 7 October 2019, 09:13 PM.

Comment

. If a car has stickers on its windows or trinkets dangling down the windscreen or rear windows, it's owner does not have the clear vision that is vital to safe driving. [emoji6][emoji23]
            That’s 90% of T4,5 and T6 owners ....

Comment

• Looks like the writers of that book may have been some funguys to be with!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by Greeny gtc View Post
                Looks like the writers of that book may have been some funguys to be with!

In 1969 , can you imagine the transition of young drivers around that time - flower power , glam rock , Woodstock , moon landing .... heres a little visual montage!
                What a year!

Comment

• Just a few 1969 cars.... feel free to add your own favorites - 50 years fifty!!!

Comment

• 50 years ago?

Is that far enough back to remember when this was a build thread?

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                      50 years ago?

Is that far enough back to remember when this was a build thread?
                      Its never been a build thread as you regularly point out this is more of a Panini 'styled' sticker book ....
                      Last edited by Activ8; 8 October 2019, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Just a few 1969 cars.... feel free to add your own favorites - 50 years fifty!!!
                        Apart from the mustang that collection looks like our old road during 1981- 85!

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                        Slowly slowly catchy monkey!

Comment

Its never been a build thread as you regularly point out this is more of a Panini 'styled' sticker book ....
                          Any moderators about that can move this non-build thread out of the build thread section of the forum?

tsssck, bloody newbs.

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                            Any moderators about that can move this non-build thread out of the build thread section of the forum?

tsssck, bloody newbs.
                            Where would you like it moved to? [emoji6]

Comment

• My dad had a europa in that colour! And my grandad had a maxi in the same yellow

Comment

• Originally posted by Greeny gtc View Post
                                My dad had a europa in that colour! And my grandad had a maxi in the same yellow

According to the Mrs (she knows about these things) these colours are returning, greys are so last year!

Comment

Working...
                                X