Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T4 : Battle Across Time (2010 to present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Greeny gtc View Post
    Wow never had you for an intellectual!
    I just thought you understood vag ecu programs.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s
    Its only since my quest to understand my other half I tune in to R4 and woman's hour!

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
      Its only since my quest to understand my other half I tune in to R4 and woman's hour!

Ah
      You see I have given up attempting understanding, she keeps changing the goal posts

Comment

Ah
        You see I have given up attempting understanding, she keeps changing the goal posts

Or ....do the goal posts change around her?!

Comment

• Ladies moving the goal posts? Well I never what will they think of next.

Comment

Or ....do the goal posts change around her?!

No it's her

Comment

No it's her

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

You'll never understand the fairer sex because they don't understand themselves!

Sent from my vernee_M5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Received an email to day from Bosch with two schematics of the Diesel pumps.

AJT & ACV : Bosch pn# - 0460 415 983 / Pump Type: VE5/11E1750L714-1

VOLVO : Bosch pn# - 0460 415 990 / Pump Type : VE5/11E2300L649

VE is the pump type
                  5 is the number of ports
                  11 is the size , so 11mm

The next numbers I don't know, could it be 1750l & 2300l pumping capacity?
                  The last 3 digits relate to the camplate. AXG/AHY same ACV pn# but ends 777?

Did a quick Google search on the pump type. There's about 18, 5 pot pumps so all start VE5/11E with 1750L / 1800L / 1850L / 2000L / 2300L.....
                  Reg any ideas?

Compared the schematics and the Volvo uses a different ;
                  Hydraulic Head,
                  Camplate,
                  Positioner,
                  Control Valve,
                  Solenoid Operated Valve,
                  then apart from a few gaskets and mounting plates there are no other differences.
                  Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                  I recall the 1750 is an rpm, that I thought was related to the governor actuation but that wouldn't relate to the TDI pump so blame internet misinformation - could relate to dynamic timing?

L is Left as it is a left handed pump - the main shaft rotates counter-clockwise.

The next three digits I cannot remember but I have a guide at home, will take a look later
                  Reg, did you ever look into the VP37 models above and the difference between the AJT/ACV (1750) and Volvo unit (2300)?
                  Want to send you a pump, 12mm head and injectors for refurbing and setting up. Still OK with that? But which one?
                  The Volvo pump maps are better at first view is it relative to the model code.....

Comment

• From the other forum I found this;

higgy
                    Lord of the T4sJoin:*Oct 2007
                    Feb 18, 2013*· #1
                    Diesel pump question
                    Hi my diesel pump is needing changed and the part no is Bosch 0460 415 983 I can get another pump which the part no is the Same apart from the last 3 digits which are 990 my question is Will it be the same pump.

algo
                    Van JediJoin:*Aug 2012
                    Feb 18, 2013*· #3
                    Re: Diesel pump question
                    those last three digits are the bosch series number and determine the voltage map from the ECU (as I'm sure you know the 1 means 11mm rotor, and 5 is the number of cylinders). The 983 pump was used on the ACV engines and the 990 on the 140bhp volvo 2.5tdi - it should be ok - if anything the 990 series is a better pump (better camplate and dynamic advance) - like the 985 series for the AXG/AHY engines.
                    In general these voltage maps are pretty similar but there are a few difficult ones.

Comment

• I understand the 1750 & 2300 numbers to be the pump's maximum rated power output in rpm. [half crank speeds].

Comment

I understand the 1750 & 2300 numbers to be the pump's maximum rated power output in rpm. [half crank speeds].
                        As already suggested - mechanical governor actuator figures. Always believed by me to be the start of fuel limitation, measured in crank rpm.

Could conceivably be ultimate limitation figures at half engine speed but that's saying the above pumps fall flat at 3500 rpm and 4600 rpm.

Regardless, this doesn't relate in any way to the mechanics of a TDi pump, got any more details????

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                          As already suggested - mechanical governor actuator figures. Always believed by me to be the start of fuel limitation, measured in crank rpm.

Could conceivably be ultimate limitation figures at half engine speed but that's saying the above pumps fall flat at 3500 rpm and 4600 rpm.

Regardless, this doesn't relate in any way to the mechanics of a TDi pump, got any more details????
                          Nope - just quickly found some diesel freaks modding pumps to extend the rpm range, on the net .... see if I kept the site open on my laptop.

No reference before about this - must of missed it - you're the man who actually might know. [emoji6]

Irrelevant really, which pump should I send down. ACV or Volvo?

The Volvo maps run to 80mg/s standard unlike the T4's 51mg/s.... oh and that 0.15 difference in the cam profile apparently relates to 5-7° at the crank (think I remembered this correctly) so may allow for a wider injection window but I need to properly pull the Volvo injection & timing maps apart. Shadowmaker ran 380bhp (?) in his wife's Volvo 2.5tdi.

Comment

• Send both pumps down - I'm intrigued....

Comment

Send both pumps down - I'm intrigued....
                              OK, will do.
                              Did you find that guide relating to the last 3 digits of the Bosch part numbers?

Comment

Send both pumps down - I'm intrigued....
                                Any chance you could log a run at temp on Engine / Ch7 ? It's 15deg outside and my IAT is reading 50+ with the Apollo - I'm now sure it's knocking the fuelling back without a fault code being flagged or limp.

Comment

Working...
                                X