Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T4 : Battle Across Time (2010 to present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did think about binning the water cooling but figured I needed to move forward with this, as some of the VNT's to test have it fitted . I have an electric auxilliary pump already fitted Reg, sits at the base of the radiator hence the direction with a plumbed in system.

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
      I did think about binning the water cooling but figured I needed to move forward with this, as some of the VNT's to test have it fitted . I have an electric auxilliary pump already fitted Reg, sits at the base of the radiator hence the direction with a plumbed in system.
      We all have - doesn't solely feed the turbo and it doesn't run on when the key is turned off - which is what you need it to do. There should be a thermostatic switch integrated into the top banjo fitting on the turbo.

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
        We all have - doesn't solely feed the turbo and it doesn't run on when the key is turned off - which is what you need it to do. There should be a thermostatic switch integrated into the top banjo fitting on the turbo.
        I thought the auxilliary pump ran on as required and controlled by the coolant temp sensors without the key in the ignition?
        I'll check this.

Comment

I thought the auxilliary pump ran on as required and controlled by the coolant temp sensors without the key in the ignition?
          I'll check this.
          Yep your right - it does.

Doesn't monitor turbo temp though.

Comment

• If you added a temperature sensor on the turbo pipe it would

Sent from my vernee_M5 using Tapatalk

Comment

V3 is I quote "f@#=%_^&ing awesome" according to Colin.
              Yep - no doubting that.

My wastegate isn't though - I'm trying to fathom the thinkings of the ECU and why the smoke map doesn't stop the smoke when it measure insufficient airflow.

Comment

• Does it need to if the coolant water temp sensor (s) controls this and the rad fans when the ignition is off, whilst on its just part of the coolant circuit. Might run a little warmer or the rad fans could be kicking in more often.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                  Yep - no doubting that.

My wastegate isn't though - I'm trying to fathom the thinkings of the ECU and why the smoke map doesn't stop the smoke when it measure insufficient airflow.
                  Computational delay, if you look at the logrun data and the time sequencing of blocks 3,8&11 for example there's always a delay you cannot actually read the line as each block has a different time record. Is it VCDS being unable to record 3 data sets at the same time or is it the sensor feedback.

I can rewrite the AFR back to OEM if required (less torque/hp) or increase it in the lower rev range and tickover.

With either option you get your dib dib "Saved A Dolphin Today" lapel badge to display parallel to your top jacket pockets row of coloured crayons?

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	CF718D9B-20A6-402D-8ED0-31682E75066F.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	264255

Gotta save the dolphins!

Comment

• Originally posted by d-9 View Post
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]9682[/ATTACH]

Gotta save the dolphins!
                      I looked at this pic and my warped sense of 'funny' went wild but there you go Tommo - d9's found you an advert for a dolphin 'y'ank mitt. [emoji6] We are a caring / sharing bunch!

Comment

I looked at this pic and my warped sense of 'funny' went wild but there you go Tommo - d9's found you an advert for a dolphin 'y'ank mitt. [emoji6] We are a caring / sharing bunch!

It's even got it's tongue ready.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by Greeny gtc View Post
                          It's even got it's tongue ready.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s
                          I've no idea where d9 found this pic but it's as odd as it gets....

Comment

• Delivery from yesterday, the 76mm to 64mm 45 degree reducer - hopefully this will avoid the coolant reservoir kissing m' boosted pipe.

Comment

• Hope so

Sent from my vernee_M5 using Tapatalk

Comment

I've no idea where d9 found this pic but it's as odd as it gets.... ]
                                Watch Archer. I think you'll find I funny

Comment

Working...
                                X