No announcement yet.

My 1.9... Long term project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon all... Why do the side vents always stay hot? I can turn them on and off but they are always on full hot... :-/

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

I think Reg brought this up as a t4 fact not so long ago,that only the middle vents blow cold air.or 28 degrees at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagles02 View Post
        I think Reg brought this up as a t4 fact not so long ago,that only the middle vents blow cold air.or 28 degrees at the moment.
        The question is how to stop the ones below the windscreen blowing hot air all the time?!!

Slowly slowly catchy monkey!

Comment

Originally posted by Starmagsi View Post
          Afternoon all... Why do the side vents always stay hot? I can turn them on and off but they are always on full hot... :-/

Don't they turn down when you lower the heater temp on the dash control. Centre vents just cold but are a bit warmer when heater set on recirculate, which I never use as it makes the cab steam up. Do the vents to the windscreen alter with the temp control, just wondering if theres a temp control cable off?

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
            Don't they turn down when you lower the heater temp on the dash control. Centre vents just cold but are a bit warmer when heater set on recirculate, which I never use as it makes the cab steam up. Do the vents to the windscreen alter with the temp control, just wondering if theres a temp control cable off?
            I haven’t really thought about recirculation.... however the temperature is turned down and the centre vents are cold. The side vents and windscreen vents are all hot though.

Comment

Right, something is broken or disconnected. Under the bonnet below the expansion bottle there is a valve in the heater pipe running to the bulkhead. Get someone to operate the temp control and see if this moves the rod on the valve which the cable is connected to from the control in the cab. Our cable is kinked so to get full heat I have to push it that last bit so we get full heat. if it don't move may be broken control or cable off in cab. Get the van warm and try the lever fully one way and see if temp in cab changes.

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
                Right, something is broken or disconnected. Under the bonnet below the expansion bottle there is a valve in the heater pipe running to the bulkhead. Get someone to operate the temp control and see if this moves the rod on the valve which the cable is connected to from the control in the cab. Our cable is kinked so to get full heat I have to push it that last bit so we get full heat. if it don't move may be broken control or cable off in cab. Get the van warm and try the lever fully one way and see if temp in cab changes.
                Argh you beat me to it! [emoji23]

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Just T4s
                '00 1.9TDI LWB, '87 Mk2 Golf 16v

Wheel or tyre question? Just ask, it's what i do!

Comment

Working...
                X