No announcement yet.

Shed Seven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve sorted some rust out on the van this weekend , I know the only way to fully get rid of the dreaded tin worm is to cut it out , but if you use a flap disc and a wire brush attachment on an angle grinder ,you stand a good chance of buying yourself a few years .

My rust wasn’t at a stage where I was willing to cut out metal and replace with new steel , I’ll let the pics do the talking .

You can see someone has crushed the sill a bit

Ground back the worst of it

Wire brush and rust treatment applied .

A light skim of filler , but I forgot to take a pic and now in primer .

Flatted back with 1200 wet and dry and then the base coat and lacquer was applied .

Looks ok considering all this was done outside .

Sent from my iPad using Just T4s

Comment

Nice job!! Been doing mine too over the past couple of weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
      Slowly slowly catchy monkey!

Comment

Nice work Kev. Got mine to do over the Summer.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

That looks a top job Kev. If your willing to keep on top of it you can put off cutting out for a few years by the looks of it mate.

Comment

Thats a really nice finish. Its amazing what you can do with rattle cans these days...they have come a long way.
            Add in the satisfaction from doing it yourself and the magic of the cash saved, perfect.
            Good job bud
            Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
              Nice work Kev. Got mine to do over the Summer.

Originally posted by S49 View Post
              That looks a top job Kev. If your willing to keep on top of it you can put off cutting out for a few years by the looks of it mate.
              Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
              Thats a really nice finish. Its amazing what you can do with rattle cans these days...they have come a long way.
              Add in the satisfaction from doing it yourself and the magic of the cash saved, perfect.
              Good job bud
              Thanks guys

Comment

Nice work looks tidy enough to have come out of a gun!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by Greeny gtc View Post
                  Nice work looks tidy enough to have come out of a gun!!

Thankyou , I’ve learnt the hard way that it’s best not to rush the paint job especially with a rattle can as you can’t adjust the spray pattern or adjust the air pressure , I just slowly built up the coats and then lacquered it after ,.

Comment

Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post
                    Thankyou , I’ve learnt the hard way that it’s best not to rush the paint job especially with a rattle can as you can’t adjust the spray pattern or adjust the air pressure , I just slowly built up the coats and then lacquered it after ,.
                    There is another way but the weather has to be right. Put it on really really wet whilst on the flat (not ideal for where you have just painted) let it run and flow so any runs jist run out. Not the best but sometimes and some paints I have used this is the only way. And if you do this right you can make it give a sort of crackle finish.

Comment

Originally posted by Greeny gtc View Post
                      let it run and flow so any runs jist run out.

Yeah Ive done this before and it works depending where the run is , if it’s the lower half of the panel it works a treat .

Comment

Yeah Ive done this before and it works depending where the run is , if it’s the lower half of the panel it works a treat .
                        Hence the weather dependency too warm and it dries too quickly and too cold, and I have had it slide off leaving unpainted edges (sort of a good finish on some things.)

Comment

Progress is slow , free time and money are in short supply , but if I’m still moving forward with project Shed seven at least I’m moving in the right direction

The last two nights I’ve been fitting my seat covers .

I think another few hours of tweaking and I’ll be happy .

I’m sure Reg is more than happy with my seats

Last edited by Fruitbat; 28 June 2018, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Progress is slow , free time and money are in short supply , but if I’m still moving forward with project Shed seven at least I’m moving in the right direction

The last two nights I’ve been fitting my seat covers .

I think another few hours of tweaking and I’ll be happy .

I’m sure Reg is more than happy with my seats

You're doing a grand job there mate, that tweeking on the covers is almost as good a recover. [emoji106]

Comment

That's coming together nicely. I don't leave seats in long enough to get them covered. Was tempted by the rears you have for sale but was told to behave by the boss.

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
                                That's coming together nicely. I don't leave seats in long enough to get them covered. Was tempted by the rears you have for sale but was told to behave by the boss.
                                Thanks Simon , the way it’s going you’ll be picking them up for free ! Nobody seems to want them , I’ve had lots of interest ,but as soon as they find out where I live ,I never hear from them again .

Comment

Working...
                                X