Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thebigredone View Post
    Looks nice mate, pops in the sun [emoji106]

Sell my T4 !!! I'd rather stick wasps up my butt.
    Stop the pop! Grrrrrr. I'm off to find a small kitten to kick now.
    Me cago en la madre que te pariĆ³!

Comment

sniff sniff................... looking very sad and forlorn................

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180702_130846_resized.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	264196

On the plus side just a few bits left to do before painting.

I knew this would take a while (matey is doing it between other regular jobs) and although it'll be worth it in the end it has been difficult waiting whilst we have been having all this sun!
      It has given me time to collect lots of new little bits though which has been a benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleTravellingMatt View Post
        sniff sniff................... looking very sad and forlorn................

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9610[/ATTACH]

On the plus side just a few bits left to do before painting.

I knew this would take a while (matey is doing it between other regular jobs) and although it'll be worth it in the end it has been difficult waiting whilst we have been having all this sun!
        It has given me time to collect lots of new little bits though which has been a benefit.
        Not as sad as the Magenta kit car on top of the container....

Sent from my vernee_M5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rjhoy02 View Post
          Not as sad as the Magenta kit car on top of the container....

That's true!! We were talking about that today, apparently they put it up there with a forklift and most of it stayed on the floor!!!

Comment

That's the problem with kit cars, people tend to forget they usually have a mild steel chassis

Comment

Patience of saint Matt , I’d be on his case now and getting him to pull his finger out .

Comment

Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post
                Patience of saint Matt , I’d be on his case now and getting him to pull his finger out .
                I know but I'd rather be did a good job once and not do this again in a few years time. Plus as he doing it between his normal day work (contracted garage work) it's going to keep the price down

Comment

Not long now!!! Ready for primer on Monday. Woop woop ��

Name:	IMG-20180713-WA0004.jpg
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	264265

Name:	IMG-20180713-WA0003.jpg
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	264266

Name:	IMG-20180713-WA0002.jpg
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	264267

Comment

Nice , I’m sure you can’t wait to get the van back

Comment

I canny wait!!! I was hoping to have it back by now and the interior back in as I have 2 weeks factory shutdown at end of July. Maybe get it back by then a ff start the rebuild!?

Comment

Any idea why it's masked off inside the tailgate (strip down the side) or the white foam stuff around the door apertures? I get it's masking but why?

Comment

I guess it's because then the primer doesn't get onto or into the door shuts etc?
                          Dunno to be honest reg but I will ask on Monday out of curiosity

Comment

Originally posted by UncleTravellingMatt View Post
                            I guess it's because then the primer doesn't get onto or into the door shuts etc?
                            Dunno to be honest reg but I will ask on Monday out of curiosity
                            Yeah I sort of assumed that, but wont the white foam stuff touching the panel end up leaving an edge??? I guess not as these people know their job.

Comment

No idea mate but now you've asked I will find out. To be honest I've known Dave for about 10 years and he's always been the guy I've left my van with mechanically and never had any issues so am happy to trust them with the paint.
                              He knows how anal I am with it and that it has to be tucked up at night with a blanky

Comment

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                                Yeah I sort of assumed that, but wont the white foam stuff touching the panel end up leaving an edge??? I guess not as these people know their job.
                                The white foam is excellent stuff so quick to mask up around the door shuts etc , when applying you make sure that the foam sits back enough so that you can still access the edge of the door with the paint gun , much easier to apply than having to fold the masking tape back and then carefully shutting the door .

Comment

Working...
                                X