No announcement yet.

Dual purpose van.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't do anything to the photo, it just turned out like that. Very strange.
    Wife likes The Strawbridges too.

Ok, the tyres. Must stay within the 65 side walk. I can't change that. I think I'm going Copper Cobra. If I keep to the sizes in my docs I'm hoping the Guardia won't notice the weight difference between 102/104 and the 96 on the Cobras. That's the theory. Then switch them twice a year for the itv.
    Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• Now that he is chugging along nicely and being good I have got a little more enthusiasm for him.

I've been working on a second stereo/radio set up for the back of the van.
      The speakers in the back were as much use as tits on a bull whilst driving around and the ones in the front only work whilst driving unless you want to drain the starter battery. We tend to sit at the back of the van under the tailgate watching the world go by and our portable radio is always in the way and sometimes we forget to pack it. It makes sense then to use the four rear speakers from another stereo. The bonus comes in the fact that we can also use these four to boost the volume of the iPad so Mrs FA can hear Corrie properly.
      At the moment it is being run off a transformer but the plan is to connect to a second battery when time and funds allow.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200216_141148.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	830.7 KB
ID:	287785

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20200216_141156.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	714.3 KB
ID:	287789Click image for larger version

Name:	20200216_141051.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	793.2 KB
ID:	287788

Comment

• Do you need a hot water bottle in your climate ?

Comment

• I don't really but the wife does for her feet. They are the only known thing colder than her heart.

Comment

• Today is a Coronavirus mini-build.
              Not for me, I still lack energy but the grandchild is doing the wall of death around the lounge so I need to keep him busy. They say home schooling is the answer but I'm no teacher. I thought I would teach him carpentry, and if that doesn't work out I will throw the board rubber at him.

Today then, is how to build a spice rack for a t4.

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• It's easy really, drill some holes in a piece of wood.

Comment

• Sand it until you start moaning about your snowflake hands hurting.

Comment

• Then add clear containers to hold your herbs and spices. Screw to the side of the van (inside is better)

Comment

• Lovely!!!!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

• Grandads blunt containers haha. Great idea!

Comment

• Originally posted by fife t4 new View Post
                          Grandads blunt containers haha. Great idea!

reuse and recycle.

Comment

• Well done Arf, great use of the available labour and passing on some skills.
                            Looks like your grandson has really enjoyed the project despite the blisters!

Comment

• Originally posted by fife t4 new View Post
                              I've read your build from start to finish recently arfur. Well impressed what you can do on a low budget with time and patience. The overall look of your interior is well chilled. I love the extendable roof rack idea to. Anchorage.. could be a reason for what s49 seen on hans's van??

Isn't this to hold the retractable load cover up and out of the way when loading the rear, in vans fitted with that upgrade option?

Comment

• Just looked at your very first picture on your very first page. And I need to know.................................is that Gibraltar in the distance mate?

Comment

Working...
                                X