Big Blue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
    Yeh , mid life crisis albeit a mild one.
    Looks good.
    Are you pleased with it? Good sound etc?
    I am pleased with it, yes. It does sound nice- a nice low rumble, not too boy-racer loud! And not sure if it’s a placebo, but the van feels like it’s pulling better, maybe it can breathe better!

It was a bit of an investment, but given I’ve spent more or less nothing and gone nowhere for the last year, decided to go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

• Bit of a first time f.. up today- stuck about 17 litres of premium petrol in the tank before realising and brimming it with diesel.

Now- question: I’ve heard conflicting advice before about the impact of doing this ranging from “it’ll be fine, just keep diluting the tank by topping up with diesel and change the fuel filter “ to “not worth it, it will mess up all your seals, injectors and removes the lubrication”.

Thoughts? Let it be or call out the fuel removers? I don’t do a huge amount of miles so other than go for a few long drives, it’s going to take a while to get through a tank! In my defence, it only happened because some hilarious legend had swopped all the pump nozzles around!

Comment

• The petrol changes the detonation timing of the diesel so you might hear a different engine note and less power but at that ratio 17/80ish I'd just stick some cetane booster in and a cap full of 2 stroke for lubrication. The petrol will sit at the top as its lighter so keep brimming it for a few tanks. Then change the filter.

Others will - I'm sure - do differently.

Comment

• Dont think you'll go far wrong with Robs advice. Know problems with the later common rail type but with your tdi you should be fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
            The petrol changes the detonation timing of the diesel so you might hear a different engine note and less power but at that ratio 17/80ish I'd just stick some cetane booster in and a cap full of 2 stroke for lubrication. The petrol will sit at the top as its lighter so keep brimming it for a few tanks. Then change the filter.

Others will - I'm sure - do differently.
            Thanks- was in my line of thinking too. I’ve got Castrol 2 stroke for my boat petrol 2 stroke outboard motor- reckon that’ll be ok to add a bit?

Alternatively I have some diesel rhino- that’s got lubricant and cetane booster in I think?

Last edited by Sirfbum; 11 May 2021, 06:41 PM.

Comment

• On a bit of a road trip in the old girl. Currently driven from west Cornwall via Snowdonia to eastern Scotland. Heading over to the inner Hebrides on Sunday to explore for a few days before driving back via County Durham. 800 miles down so far, probably the same to go again.

Attached Files

Comment

• Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                Attached Files

Comment

• The van, plus an action shot with sausages in the picture , top man. Will there be a write-up?

Comment

• Nice pic! Keep em coming, I love seeing T4’s on Tour.

#vanlife

Comment

• Originally posted by Sirfbum View Post
                      On a bit of a road trip in the old girl. Currently driven from west Cornwall via Snowdonia to eastern Scotland. Heading over to the inner Hebrides on Sunday to explore for a few days before driving back via County Durham. 800 miles down so far, probably the same to go again.

Looks like your in my neck of the woods

Sent from my Nokia 2.4 using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by fifet4 View Post
                        Looks like your in my neck of the woods

Sent from my Nokia 2.4 using Just T4s
                        I was indeed- around Anstruther mostly but did a bit of exploring too

Comment

• Spent a bit of time last week in Fife, in the east of Scotland. Had a great time visiting the in-laws and exploring.

Now we’re over on the west in the inner Hebrides, on the amazing island of Islay.

1200 miles of driving so far. On Friday we’re heading back south via County Durham for a couple of nights, then back to Cornwall.

Attached Files
                          Last edited by Sirfbum; 18 August 2021, 10:43 PM.

Comment

• The journey so far - 1200 miles
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Wheres Oscar?

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                                Wheres Oscar?
                                There was a type 2 on the beach near me yesterday…

Comment

Working...
                                X