• Show
Clear All

• Adventure Van
    replied
    More progress today...

Wiring loom taped up, and plugged in.
    Exhaust 'c' clips back on.
    Intercooler plumbed in.

New silicone vacuum lines installed for inlet to ECU and boost control valve.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Just T4s

Leave a comment:

• Adventure Van
    replied
    Not much to see here, but I've amalgamated the two alternator to battery leads, giving me the necessary 'w' terminal connection for the rev counter.
    Trying to keep the wiring as factory as possible...

Leave a comment:

• Adventure Van
    replied
    Wiring loom starting to go in...

If you've unplugged the expansion bottle sensor, and you didn't label it, this is what it plugs back into:

Just waiting on more link pipes for the intercooler and the air intake (they sent the wrong size... Grrrrr).

Leave a comment:

• Adventure Van
    replied

Purple silicone intercooler pipes! 👍

Leave a comment:

• regcheeseman
    replied
    Yay - another front mount.

Leave a comment:

• Adventure Van
    replied

Front mount intercooler finally on! 👍😁

Leave a comment:

• Adventure Van
    replied
    I don't have your fabrication skills I'm afraid Reg...

More work has been done over the weekend! 👍

Pedal box back in.

With clutch reinforcing plate fitted! 👍

Mk4 golf lower grill section cut into bumper.

Pair of recon driveshafts installed, and brakes serviced.

Leave a comment:

• regcheeseman
    replied
    Originally posted by Adventure Van View Post
    Do you know what - I woke up thinking the very same thing... ��

I tried the pedal a few times, there's a considerable amount of flex in the bracket, which did make me ponder it's reliability.

I've put up the picture of the two throttle pedals​ side by side, should make it easier to modify the cable one to accept the potentiometer. If you want a measurement or two just give me a shout - pedal box isn't back in the van yet. ☺

No need for measurements, take a look at the sausage swap thread - made my bracket from scratch last night (and remembered to take pictures )

No flex in my bracket, and there is quite a lot of load required to rotate the TPS isn't there!

Leave a comment:

• Adventure Van
    replied
    Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
    Nice - never thought of fitting it that way round.

One thing though - fitting it the wrong way on those riv nuts will rip them out fairly quickly - if you've not already done so, fit longer bolts that stick out the top of the plate then add some penny washers and some nuts, they will serve to spread the load, compress the riv nut the way it should be loaded and stop it fretting out of the hole.
    Do you know what - I woke up thinking the very same thing... 👍

I tried the pedal a few times, there's a considerable amount of flex in the bracket, which did make me ponder it's reliability.

I've put up the picture of the two throttle pedals​ side by side, should make it easier to modify the cable one to accept the potentiometer. If you want a measurement or two just give me a shout - pedal box isn't back in the van yet. ☺

Leave a comment:

• regcheeseman
    replied
    Nice - never thought of fitting it that way round.

One thing though - fitting it the wrong way on those riv nuts will rip them out fairly quickly - if you've not already done so, fit longer bolts that stick out the top of the plate then add some penny washers and some nuts, they will serve to spread the load, compress the riv nut the way it should be loaded and stop it fretting out of the hole.

Leave a comment:

• Cpwood32
    replied
    Originally posted by Adventure Van View Post
    Thanks mate... I tried to take lots of pictures, but there's bits I've not managed to capture.

Yeah I have the same problem i start something and before i think about taking photos in 4-5 stages ahead.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Just T4s

Leave a comment:

• Adventure Van
    replied
    Originally posted by Cpwood32 View Post
    Great thread, Im sure it will help members, I know i need to carry some of the jobs you have just completed

Thanks mate... I tried to take lots of pictures, but there's bits I've not managed to capture.

Leave a comment:

• Cpwood32
    replied
    Great thread, Im sure it will help members, I know i need to carry some of the jobs you have just completed

Leave a comment:

• Adventure Van
    replied
    Pedal box modifications now complete...

Bracket and second hand throttle pedal purchased from an eBay geezer due to them being obsolete now from VW.

I think I've got the potentiometer in the right position, maybe a bit of adjustment might be needed once back in the van.

Pics...

Leave a comment:

• Adventure Van
    replied
    New number plates and some German style surrounds...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X