No announcement yet.

Adventure Van Build Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Careful now....Arfurs gonna be here any minute, and when he sees this...well, all I can say is get ready.

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
      I was simply looking for others to bite [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
      Guess who has just elected himself to be in charge of the T4 barbecue at action day , your superior knowledge is second too none , I can supply the digital calipers to measure sausage length and diameter

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post
        Guess who has just elected himself to be in charge of the T4 barbecue at action day , your superior knowledge is second too none , I can supply the digital calipers to measure sausage length and diameter
        Falafel burgers all round Kev , [emoji6] high in protein low fat super healthy ...

Comment

• Polished... Nice! [emoji41]

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Just T4s
          '00 1.9TDI LWB, '87 Mk2 Golf 16v

Wheel or tyre question? Just ask, it's what i do!

Comment

• That's my job for tomorrow....

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

• So, front brake discs are looking a bit tired now - I've never changed them, and I've done 50k or so since owning the van.

Thought it was a good excuse for a small upgrade... [emoji41]

Picked up a pair of Sharan TDI calipers and caliper carriers - £40 delivered to my hand. After a quick buzz over with a wire brush, I thought I'd adorn them with a lick of paint before popping in some new slider guides and pins.

Comment

• They’re going to stand out a bit

Comment

• Nice one AV, like it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adventure Van View Post
                    So, front brake discs are looking a bit tired now - I've never changed them, and I've done 50k or so since owning the van.

Thought it was a good excuse for a small upgrade... [emoji41]

Picked up a pair of Sharan TDI calipers and caliper carriers - £40 delivered to my hand. After a quick buzz over with a wire brush, I thought I'd adorn them with a lick of paint before popping in some new slider guides and pins.

Are these fitted yet AV?

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                      Are these fitted yet AV?
                      Not yet, was planning on this weekend maybe...

Got them painted up, black for the clips and brackets. New slider pins, and guides are ready.

Just depending on the weather really.

Comment

• Looking forward to seeing them bud

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

• Okay, so today was the day to fit my bigger brakes...

Alas, all didn't go according to plan. Old brakes stripped down super easy - carrier to hub bolts were tight, but with a long breaker bar and the front bumper off they budged eventually.

The sticking point came when I offered up the carrier to hub bolts to the new carriers - bugger, they do need 18mm bolts after all. It would appear that VW in their infinite wisdom used M18 bolts on the shalamaxy, and M16 bolts on the T4 variations - despite using the same carriers...

Still, gave me time to paint on some underbody sealant, and um about painting my wheels - black or dark grey? [emoji848]

So, tomorrow's plan - source the correct bolts, and then wait for the right drill bits to arrive.

Last edited by Adventure Van; 7 July 2019, 08:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adventure Van View Post
                            Okay, so today was the day to fit my bigger brakes...

Alas, all didn't go according to plan. Old brakes stripped down super easy - carrier to hub bolts were tight, but with a long breaker bar and the front bumper off they budged eventually.

The sticking point came when I offered up the carrier to hub bolts to the new carriers - bugger, they do need 18mm bolts after all. It would appear that VW in their infinite wisdom used M18 bolts on the shalamaxy, and M16 bolts on the T4 variations - despite using the same carriers...

Still, gave me time to paint on some underbody sealant, and um about painting my wheels - black or dark grey? [emoji848]

So, tomorrow's plan - source the correct bolts, and then wait for the right drill bits to arrive.

Nice job!! Like those callipers!!! Fancy doing my brakes Oh and it needs a service etc etc etc..

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                            Slowly slowly catchy monkey!

Comment

• Sharan TDI calipers? Take it they are not the same size as the VR6 calipers that attract the scene tax

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                                Sharan TDI calipers? Take it they are not the same size as the VR6 calipers that attract the scene tax
                                Nope... Smaller discs (300mm instead of 313 iirc). Can't be doing with paying hundreds for a pair of calipers that may be knackered, and are in short supply. Rather pay a few pounds for something that's plentiful, and easily replaced.

Comment

Working...
                                X