Adventure Van Build Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
    I'm with Kev there, I reckon there's six Rob. Just enough to keep me going till tea break.
    .... rather than 3 cut in half??? True - probably not quite as filling Si....
    Last edited by Activ8; 6 May 2019, 08:15 AM.

Comment

• Nope defiantly six , those sausages still have the skin attached to them giving the illusion that they’ve been cut in half , as Andy said we need the official sausage adjudicator to confirm the dispute ‘ sausage gate ‘ hopefully either Dave or Adventure van will be able to confirm and set our busy minds at rest

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post
        Nope defiantly six , those sausages still have the skin attached to them giving the illusion that they’ve been cut in half , as Andy said we need the official sausage adjudicator to confirm the dispute ‘ sausage gate ‘ hopefully either Dave or Adventure van will be able to confirm and set our busy minds at rest
        Well .... there's only actually one Sausage. I also didn't realise that it's so damn hot and sunny in that neck of the woods (read ozone depleted) that you can Solar Sizzle Sausages the coals were simply a back-up?

Try sticking your sausage between the positive and negative terminals on your leisure battery - don't half cook quick!

Comment

• I can officially confirm that there were 6 sausages on the BBQ - bought from the Spar shop in Boscastle, along with some bread, and some pop... [emoji106]

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Just T4s
          '00 1.9TDI LWB, '87 Mk2 Golf 16v

Wheel or tyre question? Just ask, it's what i do!

Comment

• Couldn't help an cheeky pic...

Comment

• Originally posted by Adventure Van View Post
              I can officially confirm that there were 6 sausages on the BBQ - bought from the Spar shop in Boscastle, along with some bread, and some pop... [emoji106]

There you go Rob

Originally posted by Adventure Van View Post
              Couldn't help an cheeky pic...

Great pic , looks like your rocking the white and grey look

Comment

• I could see the 6 sausages sizzling on the bbq but not the rolls or pop [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                  No mate that's 3 sausages cut in half...
                  Definitely 6. It’s one of these..

Slowly slowly catchy monkey!

Comment

• Originally posted by tommo1366 View Post
                    Definitely 6. It’s one of these..

Officially the most popular hotdog size is 6 inches or half a "footlong" and supplied in a quantity of 10. A quick check of the .net supports this .... so, if invited to AV'S bbq for a hotdog you would be being misled to attend the event if you were expecting a "hotdog", a better description and invite would be along the lines of "would you like to sample AV's cooked wiener", or a custom sized miniature sausage or cocktail. So, in the pic , AV was actually having cocktails. I think we're clear now - right? So thats 3 hotdogs or 6 AV wieners.

Comment

• Ah... at no point did I mention a hot dog, merely bangers/sausages in a bun!

Six sausages, sizzling on the BBQ, six bread buns, two bottles of pop - perfect for just two of us.

Now, if hot dogs were mentioned then expect me to break out the foot longs with some suitable mustard and ketchup thrown in! [emoji106]

Comment

• Originally posted by Adventure Van View Post
                        Ah... at no point did I mention a hot dog, merely bangers/sausages in a bun!

Six sausages, sizzling on the BBQ, six bread buns, two bottles of pop - perfect for just two of us.

Now, if hot dogs were mentioned then expect me to break out the foot longs with some suitable mustard and ketchup thrown in! [emoji106]

But a banger is the term used in WW1 for a breakfast sausage, and partly due to the shrinkage of the tight skin, (best to prick) and the cheap sausage fillers used. A misplaced term for the Spar supplied sausage?

Comment

But a banger is the term used in WW1 for a breakfast sausage, and partly due to the shrinkage of the tight skin, (best to prick) and the cheap sausage fillers used. A misplaced term for the Spar supplied sausage?
                          I feel we're teally tapping into your depth of sausage knowledge Activ! [emoji16]

Bangers was my terminology (didn't know the WW1 connection, cheers for info) - think that Spar just called them sausages (Lincolnshire iirc)....

I like a nice sausage, got to have some grain to them though - coarse minced meat, with plenty of flavour. Don't even mind a tough skin to chew my way through. Definitely nothing too processed - Richmond and the like are generally not on my menu.

Feeling hungry again now. [emoji41]

Comment

Do we have a new sausage expert in our midst?

Comment

• Richmond and Walls are ok for vegetarians.

Comment

• I was simply looking for others to bite [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Working...
                                X