No announcement yet.

Adventure Van Build Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like that!! Interior has really come on! After our bed has a mattress on we are pretty close to the ceiling too. I’ll get used to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
    Slowly slowly catchy monkey!

Comment

• Originally posted by Adventure Van View Post
      Yep, almost a full length double bed (memory foam mattress). Platform is insulated too (2" celotex), stays super toasty even on the coldest of seafronts...

Underneath, accessed from the back is room for bikes, awning, chairs, etc etc. I liked the idea of carrying the bikes in the back for security reasons - no worrying about a couple of k's worth of MTBs being robbed at a services. Also in the back is the leisure battery, fusebox, and soon to be 220v hook up wiring.

It's fairly easy to climb up, and slide yourself in - there's a knack to it! [emoji3]

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Just T4s
      You just have to hope there's no loud bangs that make you jump!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

• Make the jump...........its a 1.9 so you mean the jump to light speed Do like that set up.
        Last edited by S49; 1 April 2018, 08:07 AM.

Comment

• Cheers chaps! Yeah, it is a bit claustrophobic - but you get used to it...

Had it set up like that since I've had the van - so 10 years nearly now. It's seen some modifications, but basic layout has stayed the same.

Maybe it needs some side windows in the future, and one of those IKEA induction hobs...

It's never really finished! [emoji56]

'00 1.9TDI LWB, '87 Mk2 Golf 16v

Wheel or tyre question? Just ask, it's what i do!

Comment

• Picture of my old knob...

Comment

Yep, almost a full length double bed (memory foam mattress). Platform is insulated too (2" celotex), stays super toasty even on the coldest of seafronts...

Underneath, accessed from the back is room for bikes, awning, chairs, etc etc. I liked the idea of carrying the bikes in the back for security reasons - no worrying about a couple of k's worth of MTBs being robbed at a services. Also in the back is the leisure battery, fusebox, and soon to be 220v hook up wiring.

It's fairly easy to climb up, and slide yourself in - there's a knack to it! [emoji3]

Do like it. Great use of space. It's always good to see people straying from the conventional set up and building something that works for their particular needs. Nice one.

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                Do like it. Great use of space. It's always good to see people straying from the conventional set up and building something that works for their particular needs. Nice one.
                Cheers Reg! [emoji106]

Comment

Cheers Reg!
                  Sorry mate, you caught me early in the day and it was an uncharacteristically positive reply for me, sorry won't happen again.

Now, show me your new knob.

Comment

They all came from eBay. Spots were about £15 for the pair, strips were £12 iirc.

Need a table now... I like the swing out table leg that Chippy has on his site, not sure in the table top yet.

That’s my van, very handy having that little table there. Perfect to make a brew up on with one of little single burners. Or sit and eat your breakfast when sat in passenger seat. Best of all a good beer rest when your outside chatting

Comment

• Chippys leg and a cheap table top off ebay!
                      Cheers Dan!

Comment

• Thanks for the recommendation folks... Nice to hear that it's a solid purchase! [emoji106]

Comment

• Levant Mine earlier this evening...

Just checked into Trevaylor campsite in Botallack. Time for a cider me thinks. [emoji3]

Comment

• Sennen Cove... Best parking spot in Cornwall! [emoji106]

Comment

Sennen Cove... Best parking spot in Cornwall! [emoji106]

That looks stunning.

Comment

• That parking spot is almost in the Atlantic looks great.

Comment

Working...
                                X