My T1000 1.9 ABL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My T1000 1.9 ABL

My T4 which I have owned since January 2009 when it was a plumbers van. It's been a long process to get it to this but it is still in the original paint. The wheels were refurbed last month with new Pirelli's fitted and in the photo it has just had its first wash since lockdown. It has now covered just 214000 miles. One breakdown only in all that time when the alternator gave up the ghost but otherwise super reliable.
    It has the AAZ fuel pump fitted and the 5th gear from a Caddy which gives a comfortable 80mph where possible cruising speed, full stainless exhaust system, de catted and EGR deleted. The Reimo top was fitted years ago complete with elevating bed to save my sanity getting in and out of wetsuits and leaving the downstairs to enjoy drinks without having to clear up till mid morning. It has up front the full leather Rover 75 electric front seats on swivels and in the rear, a matching dual single rock and roll bed. Usual spec furniture in silver grey from Sportline in Redditch although no water yet as I have never bothered to connect up the sink. The fridge works though which is good. I had the bumpers painted to match the wheels all done by the Wheel Wizard in Cobham. It could do with a bonnet respray and a couple of touch ups, mostly filler cap area but I have been planning to do that for ages. Bonnet bra's do not seem to serve the paintwork that well.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Welcome aboard.
    Enjoy the journey with us.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Just T4s

Comment

Hes been here since 2016
      Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
        Hes been here since 2016
        I couldn't see any previous posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
          I couldn't see any previous posts.

Click on Charlie’s user name , click on about and then click on find all posts

Comment

Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post

Click on Charlie’s user name , click on about and then click on find all posts
            Brings nothing up on my phone, Kev.

Comment

Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
              Hes been here since 2016
              Yes Rob since 2016, you newbee you.

Comment

Sorry Rob, I don't do many posts as you can see from my total but cheers for the welcome anyway, much appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Pearson View Post
                  Sorry Rob, I don't do many posts as you can see from my total but cheers for the welcome anyway, much appreciated
                  Glad you're still looking in ....are you still using the van , camping etc?

Comment

Hi and yes. Still getting use out of it. Managed to get to Wales last year in their two weeks between lockdowns but otherwise it has been ferrying building materials as I took on a little project at the back of the house seeing as we could not travel. It really needed that clean. I don't get to use it as a daily anymore since the introduction of the LEZ (I work in Wimbledon) but still use it regularly around Surrey with the occasional trip up to Birmingham thrown in. When that Dreyford bloke gets turfed out, we may be able to enter Wales again. Look forward to that.

Comment

"Between their lockdowns". I went to the Welsh coast loads a times last year. Never saw any border police near the Dyke. ​​​Stuff their lockdowns.

Comment

I tend to go to the same place in Talybont by the Beacons a couple of times a year. Despite there being no toilet or washing facilities due to the restrictions, everything had to be done outside at the pub, at the cafe etc, I like a nice comfy drink after a good hillclimb and a hot shower goes a long way too. Still had a good time but perhaps I just need to drive somewhere else for a change.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Pearson View Post
                          I tend to go to the same place in Talybont by the Beacons a couple of times a year. Despite there being no toilet or washing facilities due to the restrictions, everything had to be done outside at the pub, at the cafe etc, I like a nice comfy drink after a good hillclimb and a hot shower goes a long way too. Still had a good time but perhaps I just need to drive somewhere else for a change.
                          No toilet and washing facilities are the norm in Wales

Comment

Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post

No toilet and washing facilities are the norm in Wales
                            Yes, I understand you lot still hurl your effluence out the window from a bucket onto the street. At least overground sewers are easy to unblock.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                            #vanlife

Comment

Originally posted by TommyP View Post

Yes, I understand you lot still hurl your effluence out the window from a bucket onto the street. At least overground sewers are easy to unblock.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                              It rains a lot here , it gets washed away quickly

Comment

Working...
                              X