Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 88bhp lwb twin slider ex taxi, ex tour bus caravelle.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Van goes in next week, intercooler is fitted along with the mk4 golf grill.

Comment

• Also put a modified Passat hazard switch in to give me some room for the boost gauge, went for an oe look gauge

Comment

• Tidy. .

Comment

• Progress update: I eventually gave up pretending to be a mechanic & decided I did not have the time/patience/skill/tools to remove & undo the rounded bolts the ham fisted previous owners have produced.
          My mechanic Rich has spent 8 days in between other jobs (he had to keep walking away) stripping it back to basically a bare engine & box. Guys a hero..
          I’m now looking for it to be mapped, I have reached a stumbling block though, seems my ecu needs a chip soldering in.
          Does anybody have any experience with this please?

Comment

• Goodbye to the old Smokey standynes

Comment

• Seems the old turbo has very minimal play etc, once I remove the snapped stud I can resell that thankfully.
              We have been living on beans on toast since Christmas lol

Comment

• After my mechanic had finished I received the bus back so set about fitting the boost pipes & vac hoses.

Comment

• Replaced the pipe to the inlet with my own catch can. Ram air cone filter I plan to enclose it with an air feed from the wing vent.

Comment

• Max speeding rods 550x175x67mm intercooler, I have an idea how the air will be funnelled through from the mk4 golf bumper vent I’ve fitted

Comment

• Originally posted by Biff View Post

Max speeding rods 550x175x67mm intercooler, I have an idea how the air will be funnelled through from the mk4 golf bumper vent I’ve fitted
                      Are you thinking of a bit of something to go from the bottom of the bumper to the bottom of the cooler thus dragging the air through it?

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                      #vanlife

Comment

• Originally posted by TommyP View Post

Are you thinking of a bit of something to go from the bottom of the bumper to the bottom of the cooler thus dragging the air through it?

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                        Yes I have something that will channel it through & also protect it

Comment

• Bit of a progress update. The bus is all in one piece, no boost leaks & no coolant leaks. Have replaced the power steering pump so that is pretty much every external part of the engine replaced

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• I am currently looking for a new type ecu harness with the 2 plugs for the ecu so it makes it easier to map. If anyone can point me in the direction of one I would be very happy.

Comment

Working...
                                X