Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 88bhp lwb twin slider ex taxi, ex tour bus caravelle.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short memory is more like my issue
    Originally posted by Hans View Post
    Too many plans, not enough time. I better get back to work...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s
    Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
      The Passat servo assisted rear caliper comes in two sizes. There's a 5/112 282x12mm disc version 3C0615404 or 404E. Carriers are 3C0615425 . Cable connector 1J0973722 . Don't ask how I know this! [emoji6] Let me know if I can help.
      Is there no end to your fountain of knowledge?? [emoji15]
      I am absolutely shocked you came back with that🤭[emoji106][emoji23]
      I’ll have a mooch in the scrap yard but I feel it may be too new for that & cars would probably be repaired still.
      Definitely an ideas. [emoji106]

Building not buying[emoji56]

Comment

• Possibly a trip to TPS ££££

Comment

• Originally posted by Biff View Post
          Is there no end to your fountain of knowledge?? [emoji15]
          I am absolutely shocked you came back with that[emoji2960][emoji106][emoji23]
          I’ll have a mooch in the scrap yard but I feel it may be too new for that & cars would probably be repaired still.
          Definitely an ideas. [emoji106]

There's a set on ebay for £80 or best offer, includes the CCM module too but no carriers. Ebay item 254197567688. It's a good deal for both sides. Need to make adaptors/carriers though.

Comment

• With regards to the electronic side of things would it be a case of running a live to the ccm?
            Surely it can’t be that simple? I have a feeling I would need custom carriers but I could probably get some knocked up. [emoji848]
            As I said the van will be off the road for the cross member cam belt etc.
            I’m competent but I’m slower than most handy lads I know. [emoji23]

Comment

With regards to the electronic side of things would it be a case of running a live to the ccm?
              Surely it can’t be that simple? I have a feeling I would need custom carriers but I could probably get some knocked up. [emoji848]
              As I said the van will be off the road for the cross member cam belt etc.
              I’m competent but I’m slower than most handy lads I know. [emoji23]

Think about what the CCM actually does?
              In the main its a fault diagnostic circuit.
              Tells the dash &/or ECU it's on/off or fault.
              Fault may on the handbrake have an ECU/driving consequence.

Just need a wiring diagram for the Passat/ CCM (the CCM plug would be helpful!)

Comment

• I’m off to work now but will ask a few of my vw friends if they can get one. I would try & incorporate the passat switch & console. [emoji848]

Comment

• My 88bhp lwb twin slider ex taxi, ex tour bus caravelle.

So for me my holy grail, managed to get a genuine crossmember & Rot free drivers wing & put a down payment on an austop pop top today. So excited I could wee! [emoji23]

Comment

So for me my holy grail, managed to get a genuine crossmember & Rot free drivers wing & put a down payment on an austop pop top today. So excited I could wee! [emoji23]

[emoji56]
                    Is your wallet in ICU ?

Comment

• My 88bhp lwb twin slider ex taxi, ex tour bus caravelle.

Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post
                      Is your wallet in ICU ?
                      Nearly but I managed to bag the cross member for what I thought was a bargain price.
                      As for the pop top I have been saving the last 12 months & down graded from my a4 Quattro to my golf diesel for extra funds.
                      Things you do for your van [emoji23]

Comment

• Update. Had a few sleep overs in the van but mainly been sorting my daily golf out with new springs, rear beam poly bushes, a map/egr delete & a 4motion splitter. So much for leaving that alone hey?
                        I’m currently Just waiting on Dave sausages or scar face low riders relocation plates. Shane’s a real busy man.
                        My wheels are off for a refurb & powder coat next week, they will match the new pop top.
                        Bagged some 215/45 tyres to narrow things down then I can fit this little lot.
                        Also managed to get the Sony head unit I’ve liked for ages. In 12 months it’s come down £280!
                        Apple car play, google maps etc. I’ve managed to find an original vw facia for my heater switches that should fit without cutting but cost me a left testicle. Just need a reversing camera now & I’m ready to fit my sub/amp.
                        The interior will come on leaps & bounds next month or so. Plan is Cornwall 1st week of August.
                        No pressure biff. [emoji85]

Comment

• So got everything sorted, plates are in the post so massive shout to Dave sausages for the late night graft in between being a master craftsmen in the day. 🤙🏼 top guy cannot fault him.
                          Oh yeah, i accidentally bought some new wheels the other night. As much as I love the look of the bolas the load rating has finally got me to find some replacements for me to fit my 215 tyres to. [emoji85] the new wheels are more than up to the job. [emoji106]
                          Holiday is booked, Cornwall 3rd of August. 312 miles, 5.5 hours away. [emoji23]
                          Few late nights coming up.

Comment

• Third of august, that's my birthday! hope you have a blast.

Comment

• Good luck Biff , nothing like a bit or pressure to get the van moving , although you’ve got just over a month till your trip to Cornwall in peek season !

Comment

• I’m hoping to get everything bolted on this next week, get it sitting right around the new rim tyre combo possibly in time for camper jam. I’ve then gotta rip it all out, ready for the pop top fitting & then back to the drawing board.
                                I’ve been told I can no longer fit my caravelle trims around the window so I’m hoping to trim them to match around the top. As long as it’s comfortable for our trip I’m fine with that as we have ehu so all bases covered.
                                I’m planning on my first vw show end of September so want it wired & self sufficient by then with solar & a leisure battery for me & the lad.
                                Can’t wait. [emoji23][emoji108]

Comment

Working...
                                X