Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 88bhp lwb twin slider ex taxi, ex tour bus caravelle.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those wheels look sweeeet!!

Comment

• Originally posted by damont4 View Post
      Looks bang on will be great with a pop top how come u not staying so low are u having issues

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Just T4s
      I’ve broken my back twice & the mrs has big mammas so it’s a bit bouncy as is & it was purely to see how much clearance I have. I will drop it if I do the odd show [emoji106]

Building not buying[emoji56]

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
        Looks great. Not picking holes but will they effect the cooling of the brakes?
        I don’t think they will effect them that much mate, thing with being low is you tend to drive slow therefore less braking forces applied. [emoji23]

Comment

• Originally posted by Biff View Post
          I’ve broken my back twice & the mrs has big mammas

Big mamas tends to have that effect on my back too

Comment

• So I picked it up last night from custom buses after having the pop top fitted. So happy with the result, kids seemed happy up there so hopefully I get full benefit of the king size full width downstairs.
            I’ve got till August 3rd to make it habitable so clock is ticking for our first proper holiday to Cornwall for a week. Need a service & cambelt in there somewhere too. [emoji85]

Comment

• Looks awesome mate very jealous [emoji106]
              Originally posted by Biff View Post
              So I picked it up last night from custom buses after having the pop top fitted. So happy with the result, kids seemed happy up there so hopefully I get full benefit of the king size full width downstairs.
              I’ve got till August 3rd to make it habitable so clock is ticking for our first proper holiday to Cornwall for a week. Need a service & cambelt in there somewhere too. [emoji85]

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Just T4s

Comment

• What was the price fitted for the pop top mate, if you dont mind me asking of course [emoji1690]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Just T4s

Comment

• Looking good Dave .

Comment

So I picked it up last night from custom buses after having the pop top fitted. So happy with the result, kids seemed happy up there so hopefully I get full benefit of the king size full width downstairs.

Looking magnificent, those rims tie in really well the longnose lines and the blue lwb. Are you making any changes to the interior layout with the additional sleeping compartment? Assuming a long wheel base poptop adds some extra legroom or space for the sleeping area? It's a nice roof profile too....

Comment

• The roof is an austops roof, yes with it being lwb it has extra length (I’m 6ft3” & I could sleep up there). The look of the roof down was a major selling point, it was between this & a skyline roof. In the end on recommendation by a few people I went to custom buses in congleton & Gary went through what I could have. I have had 4 touch sensitive lights installed above along the length of the van.
                      Now the roof is fitted I want to build a box in front of my bed housing my electrical components & amps & power caps for the stereo system. I plan on having my jbl 10” sub in the cab under my dash where my drinks holder currently sits. I’ve given up on the idea of the swivel drivers seat, I’m now looking at a evo design pod to fit behind the drivers seat with a sink & hob for brews & washing. This way I can still use the drivers sliding door.
                      I’ve bought an over head compartment to go in the hole left from where the pop top ends to the tailgate. I then want some sort of drawer that slides out from under the bed in the tail gate for table & chairs etc.
                      I’m looking at stitches & steels canopy so if we wild camp I can put it up but also on a site I can have the canopy on one side & my awning on the other.
                      I’ve got myself a little trailer for all my camping gear so it should be a much nicer experience in the back now. [emoji23]
                      I’ve not taken many pictures as I’ve been ashamed of the interior. I will take a few today & explain the job I have ahead. 3 weeks isn’t a lot of time but I can get it very comfortable for then at least. [emoji106]
                      The cost, well that’s the thing, it’s not cheap but you get what you pay for in my book & being a major part of quality control in my day job I like a well finished product. It cost me £3295 in the end & now maybe another £1200 to kit it out with the gear I want. It’s not about cost to me, I’m not rich but I’m not in the position to buy many things twice. [emoji23]
                      Cheers for the replies lads, the roof is the only thing I’ve not done so far.
                      Pics will follow excuse the mess I need to get the hoover out. [emoji85]

Comment

The roof is an austops roof, yes with it being lwb it has extra length (I’m 6ft3” & I could sleep up there). The look of the roof down was a major selling point, it was between this & a skyline roof. In the end on recommendation by a few people I went to custom buses in congleton & Gary went through what I could have. I have had 4 touch sensitive lights installed above along the length of the van.
                        Now the roof is fitted I want to build a box in front of my bed housing my electrical components & amps & power caps for the stereo system. I plan on having my jbl 10” sub in the cab under my dash where my drinks holder currently sits. I’ve given up on the idea of the swivel drivers seat, I’m now looking at a evo design pod to fit behind the drivers seat with a sink & hob for brews & washing. This way I can still use the drivers sliding door.
                        I’ve bought an over head compartment to go in the hole left from where the pop top ends to the tailgate. I then want some sort of drawer that slides out from under the bed in the tail gate for table & chairs etc.
                        I’m looking at stitches & steels canopy so if we wild camp I can put it up but also on a site I can have the canopy on one side & my awning on the other.
                        I’ve got myself a little trailer for all my camping gear so it should be a much nicer experience in the back now. [emoji23]
                        I’ve not taken many pictures as I’ve been ashamed of the interior. I will take a few today & explain the job I have ahead. 3 weeks isn’t a lot of time but I can get it very comfortable for then at least. [emoji106]
                        The cost, well that’s the thing, it’s not cheap but you get what you pay for in my book & being a major part of quality control in my day job I like a well finished product. It cost me £3295 in the end & now maybe another £1200 to kit it out with the gear I want. It’s not about cost to me, I’m not rich but I’m not in the position to buy many things twice. [emoji23]

Cheers for the reply. Look forward to seeing the interior develop aswell as the exterior choices - it really does look good.
                        Roof rack loading on the oem van is 100kg, do you know what it is with the austop roof?

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                          Cheers for the reply. Look forward to seeing the interior develop aswell as the exterior choices - it really does look good.
                          Roof rack loading on the oem van is 100kg, do you know what it is with the austop roof?
                          No idea mate I won’t be sticking anything on it other than a solar panel. I’ve got a vw lupo tucked away I plan on cutting in half as a trailer so I can fit bike racks & roof boxes to that instead. That’s for when the van is dare I say it finished (don’t think it will ever be finished but don’t tell my mrs that).
                          I’ve taken a few snaps of the current interior. I’ve gone with smoke carpet on the roof as it was a bit gloomy when it was all black.
                          The rear caravelle trims still fit with the new roof although the rear quarter ones I will have to trim around the overhead compartment. I also need some sort of trim to go around the bracing of the roof. Above the drivers seats. I’ve cut my head lining as neatly & accurately as I could so I can still retain the world map.
                          I do need to touch up my black door cards but the dash stated scratch free during the roof fitting. [emoji108]

Comment

The roof is an austops roof, yes with it being lwb it has extra length (I’m 6ft3” & I could sleep up there). The look of the roof down was a major selling point, it was between this & a skyline roof. In the end on recommendation by a few people I went to custom buses in congleton & Gary went through what I could have. I have had 4 touch sensitive lights installed above along the length of the van.

Check out my build thread , I have fitted an Evo design kitchen pod in my LWB , their expensive but well made but an arse to put together , when I spoke to them they told me only one sink / hob combo would fit , they wanted £300 extra for the sink / hob unit which was too much money for me at the time , after a lot of homework I found one that would fit , any info you need just ask .

Comment

• My thoughts were about the weight loading for the roof with 2 sleeping occupants as I'm (erherm) well in excess of 100kg, also not too keen on asking the Mrs either (sore subject based on yesterday's family time excursion) for a real assessment of our needs!

Comment

• Ah I see. Well myself & my mrs are planning on utilising the full width rock & roll now the kids can go upstairs. I can’t see it being that strong it is only ply board at the end of the day.
                                Fruitbat the pod I’m looking at is a mini. The sink unit is £200 but I was going to stump for that.

Comment

Working...
                                X