Newbie looking for advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie looking for advice.

We are off viewing some T4s tomorrow our budget is £5000 was just looking for some advice as to if there was anything that we should be specifically checking when looking them over. We have owned T2s before and love just upping and going away so thoughts we would give a T4 a go!
    [emoji112][emoji112]

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Hi and welcome, I'm sure there will be lots of advice on this topic. I was in the same boat less than a year ago asking the same question. So, service history is always a big bonus take your time to check it! Rust- arches, windscreen, under the sliding door. Use your gut instinct does it drive good, it's a healthy budget so there should be a few out there. Best of luck.

Comment

Look a mileage to year, state of body work, dents scratches etc., rust and the depth of. Side door rollers, state of engin compartment, have belts been changed and if so when and do they have proof of the work. Drive it and feel the gearbox, easy to select gears or a struggle.
      Above all does it feel right and sound right. For your budget you should be able to get a pretty nice motor. Don't buy the first thing you see have a good look around. Good luck.

Comment

Thank you for replies and advice. Hopefully we will be able to pick up a good un!
        Off to look at a couple today to give us a feel for what we are looking for. Hopefully be with you as an owner soon!

Comment

My throat of advice..If you can when you take fir a test drive. Get a friend to follow you..and make sure you go up hills, down hills etc and monitor for smoking..my piston rings/valve stem seals were going and luckily it was all done under warranty at a tune of £700..spent over a £100 in oil over 3 months and couldn't have bared that cost. You never think of what's going on behind on a test drive as you are always in the cab.. good luck..as above..arches, sliding door, cab steps, windscreen up where gutters are..all rotting areas and not cheap...good luck and welcome to the fun world of T4's. 😉

Comment

Working...
          X