Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T4 - airbags?

Hi everyone,

I’m planning to buy a T4 and have been looking around for a couple of months now. The one thing I’m really struggling to find concrete information on is which T4’s (if any) have driver and passenger airbags – it’s a very firm requirement of mine to have airbags for both front seats. I’d really appreciate it if anyone could give me some information – based on your own experience/knowledge or perhaps direct me to somewhere that provides this information, which ones have them etc.

There is a very brief buying guide for the T4 on ebay which states that ALL of them have both driver and passenger airbags as standard, but this is the only place I’ve seen this written and so am not totally convinced by it!

I realise I can just ask individual sellers for this information relating to their van, which I do intend to do but I’d also like to have some more general information beforehand in order to approach sellers who have a decent chance of owning vans with airbags.

Thanks a lot,
    Dave.

T4 - airbags?

Hi Dave and welcome aboard, the passenger air bag was an optional extra on the T4 so not on all models. Drivers were on the later models as standard. There's not a specific model to look for its a case of keep looking and asking. You'll know if ones fitted as it fills the empty space on the dash.

Comment

You are more likely to find twin airbags on a 2000 onwards caravelle. A mate has a 03 van with twin airbags thou, so they are out there.

Of course, you are assuming that a 16yo airbag system still works...

Comment

My 2002 2.5TDi (panel van) does not have airbags..... I don't think they are that common.

As a matter of interest, why the requirement?

Comment

Working...
        X