Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just saying hi!

Hi there

I am DubDick from the T4Forum, which as I haven't really been on in ages I don't expect anyone will remember me but back the old days I was one of the highest posters on there.

Just found this site and like the fact that it shouldn't be cluttered with loads T5 stuff.

How many regular posters are there on here?
    Does it feel like a close community or a trade show?

Cheers, Rich.
    1999 2.5 TDI

Hi Rich and welcome aboard mate, there's a few of us from the old forum on here and it's very similar to the old days of the t4forum. It's quite quiet at the moment but we are growing everyday. Did you have the same name on there? Mine used to be Dantro [emoji106]

Comment

Hi, yes.. I am DubDick on there too.

Hi Dantro, I remember you with your super tuned T4. :-)
      1999 2.5 TDI

Comment

Just out of interest... what made you start this forum?

Was it the selling off of the T4Forum and/or the T5 infestation that wasn't being contained.
        1999 2.5 TDI

Comment

Hi Rick and welcome. Another one here from the other side, although this site isn't as big (yet) the people on here are actually interested in what others have to say, and a big plus is no head up ass t5 owners.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Evening all, I recently joined up and the two questions I've posted were answered within 24 hours and very helpful

Sent from my iPad using Just T4s mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by DubDick View Post
              Just out of interest... what made you start this forum?

Was it the selling off of the T4Forum and/or the T5 infestation that wasn't being contained.
              Because we felt the other one had lost that community spirit basically and with the intro of the 5 who are only interested in how bling and cool their van is. We felt a dedicated T4 forum was needed.

Comment

I was on the other forum for a short while, asked one question and never got answered, signed up here got answered the same day! Have had the pleasure of meeting a few people from here and all seem a great bunch! I found the other forum a t5 fest! I've noticed a few more vans round my way with the just t4's and dirty dub stickers so think it's starting to grow nicely!!

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s mobile app

Comment

Yeh, I noticed ages ago that if you hit the "recent posts" tab on the other forum you would get several pages worth of posts and so many of them were T5 related.
                  Any actual requests for help would get lost in that mess. It's fine if you check every few hours but not many people would lol.

I just gave up going on there in the end.

I once thought I read about another forum (possibly this one) where Jimbo and the other founder members had move to (or started) - are they on here?
                  1999 2.5 TDI

Comment

No and they're are nothing to do with this one, I do know them all and they're enjoying retirement lol

Comment

Wow.. they got that much from the sell off! lol
                      1999 2.5 TDI

Comment

Ok not full retirement lol they all still and have worked full time. Like me the only difference this forum costs me a fortune lol

Comment

I didn't have issue with the sell off, as long as it kept it running. I also didn't have a problem with the T5 stuff. Possibly as I know one day I will go over to one, and lets face it... they probably said the same about the T4 owners once. For me it was the same few members who would keep posting deliberate provocative posts so that it ended up just being an arena for keyboard warriors.

Comment

Working...
                          X