Slide out bed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slide out bed

Just thought I would post a photo of our bed which I am building and highly recommend the mitre saw in the picture as it made my life a hell of a lot easier. Only £60 from Screwfix. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0581.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	271591

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Originally posted by t4moneypit View Post
    Just thought I would post a photo of our bed which I am building and highly recommend the mitre saw in the picture as it made my life a hell of a lot easier. Only £60 from Screwfix. [ATTACH]5522[/ATTACH]

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0577.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	261555

Comment

My next job once i get van back from having engine fitted.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

Look good ! Eager to see the finished article . What you putting on top? I was looking into
        Buying foam for mine and then getting my nan to make the covers but it's still not cheap
        So now considering a cheap foam
        Mattress and cutting it myself !

Comment

Originally posted by jo t4 View Post
          Look good ! Eager to see the finished article . What you putting on top? I was looking into
          Buying foam for mine and then getting my nan to make the covers but it's still not cheap
          So now considering a cheap foam
          Mattress and cutting it myself !

Will put some more pics on tomorrow as I have fitted the slats and done the slide out section as well. Have found a company online that does upholstery foam and got a rough quote of £135 which is for caravans and motorhomes, http://www.thefoamshop.co.uk/ will give them a go and hopefully will be ok

Comment

That's not too bad , local places near me were quoting £200 ,there's some cheap stuff on eBay but I didn't think it would be much good , il have a look at that site too .

Comment

Looking good mate are you going to incorporate some cupboards/storage 👍

Sell my T4 ? I'd rather stick wasps up my butt !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Thebigredone View Post
                Looking good mate are you going to incorporate some cupboards/storage [emoji106]

At the moment all the space under the bed is going to stay open, I am building another section down the passenger side up to the sliding door which will be the same and will be another section of the bed so will be full width. All of it will be hinged to gain access and will be putting hinged doors across the tailgate section to access from the outside. May in time section it off inside rather than be open but it will be quite handy sliding wind breaks and the like from the back

Comment

Originally posted by jo t4 View Post
                  That's not too bad , local places near me were quoting £200 ,there's some cheap stuff on eBay but I didn't think it would be much good , il have a look at that site too .

I know, most of the quotes we were getting were quite expensive so hopefully they will be good

Comment

At the moment all the space under the bed is going to stay open, I am building another section down the passenger side up to the sliding door which will be the same and will be another section of the bed so will be full width. All of it will be hinged to gain access and will be putting hinged doors across the tailgate section to access from the outside. May in time section it off inside rather than be open but it will be quite handy sliding wind breaks and the like from the back

And thanks by the way, been a nightmare as the weather lately has been crap

Comment

Cool mate be nice to see how it turns out, I like something different, I never had the imagination nor the skills when we did ours lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Thebigredone View Post
                        Cool mate be nice to see how it turns out, I like something different, I never had the imagination nor the skills when we did ours lol.

Trust me, it's been challenging as it's all been in my head and no plans, so I have cocked up a couple of times and had to resize and recut but it's getting there, even if it is slower than I would like lol

Comment

Trust me, it's been challenging as it's all been in my head and no plans, so I have cocked up a couple of times and had to resize and recut but it's getting there, even if it is slower than I would like lol

Haha mine is in head also but must of changed several times. Originally thought I'd done shape behind seats facing rear, Then considered U shape then L shape at bottom with removable section. Now I'm back to U shape at the moment with the longest side being side door but using àn end piece to slide out and extend. Well I think lol I have a swb but fitted hightop so do have extra room up top for storage. Keep the pics coming.. nice one

Sent from my SM-T705 using Just T4s

Comment

Will be doing a bit more today so will take a few more pics and post them later today, still going for u shaped seating, fingers crossed

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Just T4s

Comment

Will be doing a bit more today so will take a few more pics and post them later today, still going for u shaped seating, fingers crossed

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Just T4s
                              Good luck mate, hope the weather holds off for ya !!

Comment

Working...
                              X