Change steel 2 alloys??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change steel 2 alloys??

Hi there, currently got a tdi T4 X reg. going to be resprayed this weekend, was looking to change the wheels from steel to 19"alloys that I bought secondhand. Have heard there are issues but just wanted to get an opinion from someone who's in the know.

Are the alloys load rated? Genuine or replica's? Is your van lowered at all? When I bought my van it had replica's fitted and they looked cool but the rims split on each of them. I had them welded and carried on driving until the quality of the ride drove me berserk and I threw a set of steels on with hubcaps and never looked back.

Comment

Not sure think there off a golf, bought them on a whim think there to big anyway from what i read this guy says-
      Only ever driven on 17s on mine at present, just look too small, but the ride is superb, hence my dilema. The favorite design I like are 20s but in the back of my mind may be too big, they can rub on some vans but not all. End of day I think 19s are best compromise with a 40 section tyres. Spoke to a lot of owners running 20s and most say if they had to change wheels they would opt for 19s.

See confused again but definitely leaning towards steel with hub caps
      Forward Message

Comment

They are too big, the max power days are long gone. Aside from the awful crashy ride on lo pro tyres they'll look wrong.

Golf wheels are likely to be under rated, but then who am to talk, my 17" audi rims are under rated also - if you listen to some forums this is a crime akin to stabbing babies but I couldn't give a toss as I like them.

Comment

I hate the old load rating nazi's. If they have a go at me, its my van, my risk. My current wheels are aftermarket and dont have a load rating on them, but I am confident as they are a known brand and were originally from a large car they will be fine. My van is rarely loaded up, and if you look at weight, it doesnt weigh that much more than a passat.

Comment

Originally posted by JonR6 View Post
            If they have a go at me, its my van, my risk.
            Disgusting attitude, what if your wheels all explode and you plough into a bus queue of small children, puppies, kittens and dolphins.

Comment

1700 unladen I believe

Comment

Working...
              X