Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to T4's

Hi all -

I've just bought myself a 1998 T4 1.9 TD 800 Special with a whopping 67k on the clock! Thought it may be a good idea to get some help along the way!

Joe :-)

67k!!!! Get some pics up of the van mate!

Comment

Will get some uploaded shortly! The last owner (an elderly local chap) owned her for 16 years however in need of some TLC! Been serviced, glow plugs replaced, fan belt & cambelt, and a steering rack arriving Friday! Paint job is next!!

Comment

Well sounds like you have sorted out the main points. Now all you need to do is get the engine run in, some where around 120K and it should be fine. By the way welcome aboard, enjoy your stay and we hope it's a long one. As Chris said lets see some pictures, especialy before you start any restoration.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s mobile app

Comment

Thanks Dave - See attached! Hopefully they have uploaded all ok. For now the exterior has just been fully mopped & valeted to tidy it up...For now! I'm more conscious on getting the mechanical side of things in order first. Thanks for the warm welcome. Will keep you posted. Joe

Comment

Looks like it's come up a treat Joe! Welcome aboard mate and hope you enjoy it [emoji106]

Comment

Originally posted by Dave T View Post
                Well sounds like you have sorted out the main points. Now all you need to do is get the engine run in, some where around 120K and it should be fine. By the way welcome aboard, enjoy your stay and we hope it's a long one. As Chris said lets see some pictures, especialy before you start any restoration.
                Errr.... I only got my 1.9TD up to about 80,000 before it blew up. lol.

Comment

Mine has done 74k [emoji16]

Comment

I'm hoping it's going to last a lot longer than that![emoji3]

Comment

Can anyone point me in the direction of a reasonable company who can carpet the van, add Windows, spot lights a leisure battery & electric hook up. Along with floor replaced.

Comment

Location Joe

Comment

I'm willing to travel however I'm located in Cheshire (North West) Cheers[emoji106]🏼

Comment

Without being funny. I would do it yourself. There are loads of how to threads on the internet, and we are all happy to help. It will save you LOADS of money and give satisfaction.

Comment

Jon your such a doom and gloom merchant, You are supposed to encourage these new-bys not scare the crap out of them. All I can say is that if you check around you will find many motors that have done triple your mileage and are still running well.

Comment

Working...
                              X